Josh Brittain

Thread starter #1
I don't know what to think of Josh Brittain, he doesn't seem to be a man who settles down easily, in the last 11 seasons he has been with 16 different clubs?

Wannabe2

Where’s the problem he has played in 5 different countries,seeing a bit of the world, and then being drafted to AHL from ECHL. Devils wouldn’t sign him if he was just a drifter.

kettdevil1

I don't know what to think of Josh Brittain, he doesn't seem to be a man who settles down easily, in the last 11 seasons he has been with 16 different clubs?
Welcome to the Inferno.

As others have pointed out we have had other players in similar situations and I suppose it's part of the job that life is fairly transient, hell even Johnny Hockey has gone South (although I still don't know why)

121 games in the A, CHL experience and no real evidence of a decline..... on paper looks he looks a surefire hit but as ever, until the puck is dropped only fools and Nostradamus can be sure :)

Thread starter #10
New member… quite a punchy first post. suspicious
I first watched the third game the Devils played in Cardiff with John Lawless in 1988 and I've been a member since 2016 but I have been abroad for most of that but it's good to be back to watch more Devils games.

moggy#9

Surely Lawless was 87? It was deffo the 87/88 season but I thought he was there from the start, so his third game would have been Autumn 1987
Nope. Lawless was with us from the start - he founded the club. First home game November 30th 1986. In may 1987 we hosted the division 2 play offs (which we lost to Aviemore). We were then promoted to division 1 (south). In the 1987/88 season we had Shannon hope join, who promptly got locked out of his first game - a preseason challenge at Southampton.

kettdevil1

Nope. Lawless was with us from the start - he founded the club. First home game November 30th 1986. In may 1987 we hosted the division 2 play offs (which we lost to Aviemore). We were then promoted to division 1 (south). In the 1987/88 season we had Shannon hope join, who promptly got locked out of his first game - a preseason challenge at Southampton.
Of course we were founded in 86 not 87, apologies - I managed to knock a year off our age (nothing to do with the fact that I try to knock a few years off my own age....)

Ahhhh !!! Aviemore Blackhawks seems like it was only yesterday ,Brian's Dickson Wilkie and Kanewischer and some guy named "Bruce " punching hell out of Lawless when he shot the scoreboard after scoring a goal, but alas the comeback was not to be
I remember Perry Olivier smashing his stick against the goal frame after Morganti coughed up the puck for Blackhawks 10 th or 11th goal and then we ran out of time
What a weekend ! Steatham Bruins ,Grimsby Buffaloes and the Blackhawks

Second only to the Wembley Final beating the Racers on penalties and Tony Hand smashing his stick on goal frame

Wonderous Hockey Days

moggy#9

Ahhhh !!! Aviemore Blackhawks seems like it was only yesterday ,Brian's Dickson Wilkie and Kanewischer and some guy named "Bruce " punching hell out of Lawless when he shot the scoreboard after scoring a goal, but alas the comeback was not to be
I remember Perry Olivier smashing his stick against the goal frame after Morganti coughed up the puck for Blackhawks 10 th or 11th goal and then we ran out of time
What a weekend ! Steatham Bruins ,Grimsby Buffaloes and the Blackhawks

Second only to the Wembley Final beating the Racers on penalties and Tony Hand smashing his stick on goal frame

Wonderous Hockey Days
The Grimsby bench clearance was a huge dose of wtf?

I remember walking up the hays after the Aviemore match and someone was taping a hockey stick into the hands of the John batchelor statue.

Thread starter #18
Surely Lawless was 87? It was deffo the 87/88 season but I thought he was there from the start, so his third game would have been Autumn 1987
You could well be right about the year but I do know I went to the 3rd game because I only went to see what all the fuss was about, half way through I said to my wife "make sure you get tickets for the next game" and she agreed. BTW. I remember it took me the first period to find where the puck was because everything was done so quick especially by the imports.

Last edited: