Jono sold by City

wildthing74

Thread starter #1
Doom and gloom merchants be out in force today.Always going to happen as we blew the playoffs.Hope we can keep Rosco at least and that Roger is the only big fee sold.
Looks like Ledley not going to be bringing in much this summer after all.

Ger-Devils

It's started on the message board. He always wanted to go. As long as we got a nice cash fee upfront then fine. He wasn't the best player through the season to be honest. Plenty of centre halfs out there.

wildthing74

Thread starter #3
We replaced Loovens no problem last year and in the past the likes of Ginge and Gabbidon.As long as we spend on the squad then fair enough.
Good player but arrogant little p and everybody says he has a high opinion of himself.

Ger-Devils

Jumped up bastard he was! Doncaster away and Southampton away for example. Also on the bob bank, he told us all to foxtrot orion

Matt Mills or Hudson I would look at bringing in. I'm sure Jones has someone lined up as another steal just like Gyepes was last season!

wildthing74

Thread starter #5
Mills would be quality but reckon he will go for 2mil mark.Hudson always been steady but him and Gypo together would have no pace at the back.Think he will come as replacement for Purse.
For all Jones' balls ups with buyer stikers over the years,to be fair he usually gets it spot on with Centre halfs.

Finny

Spatzy said:
naa it will all be put into the wages of eddie johnson :lol:
Eddddiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't blame Roger for wanting to move to the Premiership. He's served us well over the past couple of years and £5 million is pretty good money.

Jones has always had a knack of bringing in a young defender on the cheap or free transfer. I'm sure he has a couple of names already and hopefully he'll pull off another great deal.

To be honest guys i dont know how much of the "5 million" we're going to see. Its 3 mill up front with 15 to 20 % of that going to Wycombe due to a sell on clause. the rest is coming in add ons like if the Brum stay in the premiership and if rog makes x amount of appearances. I dont think it is good enough from City. I feel that if the club (Birmingham) want the player then they should be expected to pay over the odds for him like clubs have done to us in the past. Once again Cardiff City have seen the cash and rushed into another sale. Ridders and the board rightly dismissed the Brum's first couple of DISMAL offers and then accepted the first one that came in after the original bids. If the club had asked for another million upfront theres no arguement from me at all.
CJ