Jono says we will finish no higher than 4th........

Thread starter #1
Phillips expects his old team in South Wales to be strong next season. "Cardiff are always good after Christmas and I think will challenge stronger next season. I can't see them higher than fourth place, though," he added.

Wannabe2

andydevils said:
Phillips expects his old team in South Wales to be strong next season. "Cardiff are always good after Christmas and I think will challenge stronger next season. I can't see them higher than fourth place, though," he added.
Hopefully this is what they all will think, and why there busy thinking about each other, we will be kicking there butts. ;)

Wannabe2 said:
andydevils said:
Hopefully this is what they all will think, and why there busy thinking about each other, we will be kicking there butts. ;)
Ah, it's that tactical lulling thing again. Must pay attention this time. :?

TheStub

It'll be Simmsy talking crap again.

I wonder if Jono will even have seen his quotes before the paper hit the press ;)

I'm glad we don't put out such negative press. I think it adds something if we can talk ourselves up without trying to talk the other teams down.

I think Shuff will struggle next season - everyone is going to fit themselves out to take them on, and they are rebuilding. So - they are starting the slurs now :lol:

Jona didnt say this, this is garbage made up by simms and westerdale. I know they just do this to get bums on seats and they are just starting early.

Kiss my backside Phillips.... Just like you'll be kissing G's at the end of the season trying to get a 2010/11 deal with the real deal Cardiff Devils.

Be warned Steelers fans your reign is over ! :twisted:

ASHIPP

Whether Jono really said it or not is irrelevant. Matsos can't keep some of last year's key players anyway as they want more money - replacing them with new guys is always a gamble and doesn't mean they will gel as well as last year's Championship team. :? Seems like they are experiencing hiccups with recruitment anyway...or is that just propaganda to fool us? Other Clubs are building strong rosters - it's going to be nailbiting next season! :D

Gazza272

ASHIPP said:
Whether Jono really said it or not is irrelevant. Matsos can't keep some of last year's key players anyway as they want more money - replacing them with new guys is always a gamble and doesn't mean they will gel as well as last year's Championship team. :? Seems like they are experiencing hiccups with recruitment anyway...or is that just propaganda to fool us? Other Clubs are building strong rosters - it's going to be nailbiting next season! :D

In fairness he has done remarkably well to keep as many of last seasons team as he has.

Gazza272 said:
In fairness he has done remarkably well to keep as many of last seasons team as he has.
Agreed! Most imports in our league manage 2 or 3 seasons at any one club. All last year's imports (bar Basiuk and Cruikshank) have spent at least 2 seasons at the Steelers and so naturally a change of scenery, and wage, is likely. Not only have we retained all of our Brits (bar Tait at the minute) but 5 of our imports have already re-signed. If you'd have asked me at the end of last season whether or not I thought Matsos would sign 5 of last years squad then I'd have said no. I didn't expect to keep hold of Legue or Talbot, because, quite frankly, they deserve a shot at Europe. Lehman has been retiring for the last 3 seasons and was waiting to go out on a high, and Munn and Sarich are/were too good for this league to keep hold of. I forsee one or two more re-signings from last year still to come.

scottydoesntknow said:
You say Lehman was retiring and wanted to go out on a high, well how come he has signed for Aalborg then? ;)
He was "retiring" for years and made that clear to many people. But he's just one of those players that can't give up playing hockey - "just one more game and then I'll quit." He always said he was going to give it up and then never did. I suppose he earned himself one last big pay day to pay off his mortgages. He definitely deserves it, and has probably got another 2 or 3 seasons left in him as he's only 34. If he hadn't won the league last season then I think he might have stayed for one last shot at it. Maybe next season will be his last...just, maybe.