Jon Pelle out for September!!!

Thread starter #1
It looks as though the Belfast Giants could be without the likes of sniper Jon Pelle for the majority of September due to picking up an injury in the game against the Sheffield Steelers.

The last 15 seconds of the following clip shows Doug christiansen explaining the situation after the game.

www.u.tv/Sport/Giants-lose-to-Steelers- ... 7cf2baa327

The elite prospects website has put it down as a shoulder injury.

I found this article in th Belfast Liarcle.

Pelle injury more than just accident.

A recent investigation by the Belfast Giants organisation on the injury of top line sniper Jon Pelle has brought to light some very worrying infomation.
On the night in question the Nottingham Panthers were in town for the Belfast hockey fest, a double header weekend where the teams would go head to head twice for bragging rights. However CCTV footage from an hour before face off shows pictures of a male wearing a red top with the logo of a devil on it handing over a brown paper bag to none other than Giants GM Todd Kelman.
The man in red believed to be a Mr Mark Finn known mainly by his alias Finny was seen to leave the arena shortly after. However Kelman made his way to the Belfast changing rooms where Pelle and his team mates were waiting. Thanks to the aid of a lip reader he was seen telling the team to play dirty, especially tonight of all nights to beat the opposition at there own game. He then dismissed the team asking Jon to stay behind.
He told the point a game player he needed him to step up and use dirty tactics to make up for his lack of size. He told Pelle to enter every play with his leg dragging in the hope someone would catch it and trip or catch there knees causing what is known as a blowout.
Meanwhile the gentleman in the red jacket Finny was caught by cameras entering the foyer the meeting with two men. One was coach Corey Neilson the other was his personal assistant Danny Meyers. "Finny" then said the money had been handed over and Pelle was told to drag his leg, Mr Neilson responded that he now had the power to take him out for the season. Todd Kelman then appeared from across the foyer, shook hands with Mr Neilson and Mr Meyers and said best of luck. Acting as if Mr Finn the man he'd only previously spoken to wasn't there. With that the men parted ways.
Dure in the game Pelle dragged his leg as his GM had asked him to, knowing he would do the Panthers players aimed for it before finally catching it spot on causing him to hit the ground and injure his shoulder. He did not return for the rest of the night and is rumoured to be out indefinitely.
When approached by the Liarcle on this Mr Finn claimed he had nothing to do with it and was busy watched his team and collecting his free season ticket at home in Cardiff though no one can vouch for this and the CCTV stating otherwise.
When shown the evidence Mr Kelman broke down claiming the amount of money he had to spend on Jon Pelles wages they wouldn't be able to release any Christmas videos or other advertising campaigns for the next few seasons and he couldn't cope with that loss of revenue. So when a pay off from Jon's former team came knocking on his door he felt he had no choice but to take it, setting up hockey fest agaimst a team he knew would be crooked enough to help him and with that the cover was set. Knowing that while injured Pelles wages were going to be paid for by insurance and he had ( in knowledge of what was planned) had asked his coach to bring in an extra but very cheap import so not to leave his team short benched. It is not yet understood if Kelman will step down from his role as Giants GM but we await to hear a statement from the club at 4pm on Wednesday 7th.
So whether he stays or goes, it's a very turbulent time for hockey In Northen Ireland and the UK in general with the league also looking In to point docks for both envolved teams the Nottingham Panthers and the Cardiff Devils.

Article written by Paddy Fakely.

Boom Boom said:
It looks as though the Belfast Giants could be without the likes of sniper Jon Pelle for the majority of September due to picking up an injury in the game against the Sheffield Steelers.

The last 15 seconds of the following clip shows Doug christiansen explaining the situation after the game.

http://www.u.tv/Sport/Giants-lose-to-St ... 7cf2baa327

The elite prospects website has put it down as a shoulder injury.
Was injured in the first game against Panthers. An MRI scan revealed the injury to be far worse than expected, definatley out for September and more worryingly no comeback date mentioned.

Time for TK and DC to start scouting, another Szwez please ;)

Article above :lol:

drainage

Rossboy19 said:
But didn't Belfast sign an extra import for exactly this scenario? Why would they need to bring in another?
Well in theory they don't ! When questioned about big spending the spare import was one of the reasons ??

Rossboy19 said:
But didn't Belfast sign an extra import for exactly this scenario? Why would they need to bring in another?
To replace the replacement who's now a player not a replacement :lol:

In all seriousness if Pelle's injury turns out to be season threatening i would haope DC and TK will be looking out for another sniper. :cool:

TheStub

Re: Re: Jon Pelle out for September!!!

jester said:
In all seriousness if Pelle's injury turns out to be season threatening i would haope DC and TK will be looking out for another sniper. :cool:
I hate to agree, but the spare isn't a replacement for the guy who was signed to be your big scorer.

Loosing Pelle is a major blow. Just hope he isn't out long as it is a shame to see that sort of talent sidelined.

TheStub said:
jester said:
I hate to agree, but the spare isn't a replacement for the guy who was signed to be your big scorer.

Loosing Pelle is a major blow. Just hope he isn't out long as it is a shame to see that sort of talent sidelined.
Spot on although Crane isnt a bad player by any means i beleive he was signed to cover our D which suffered last year with the bonus that he can play forward.
The only positive for the Giants if Pelles injury is season ending is there are some good players slowly being released from NA trg camps.

drainage

jester said:
TheStub said:
jester said:

Spot on although Crane isnt a bad player by any means i beleive he was signed to cover our D which suffered last year with the bonus that he can play forward.
The only positive for the Giants if Pelles injury is season ending is there are some good players slowly being released from NA trg camps.
Hope Pelle is ok but think at the time when the big spending was being discussed there were questions about how a extra import could be signed who could be that generic a player?

Don't like to see any player injured fingers crossed he is ok

DevilDom

Is it only me that feels quite happy about this in a smug / childish sort of way?

Of course I hope Pelle is ok (eventually), and his injury appears not be career threatening which of course no one would wish. However if it means he misses games against us and the giants are weaker because of that then I'm quite happy about that. We can't compete with the big spending teams like the Giants moneywise so we need a bit of luck and this may be it.

Sorry to buck the trend, but if it gives us a slight advantage and messes the Giants about then that is good in my book. There is also the element of Karma in this as well - Giants catered for an injury from the start of the season and that is exactly what they have.

TheStub

Jones72 said:
DC says "[from Hull]...then on to Cardiff, and it doesn't get any easier than that".

Gauntlet down!!

;)
Bring it. In our barn it'll be game on.

ASHIPP

Jones72 said:
DC says "[from Hull]...then on to Cardiff, and it doesn't get any easier than that".

Gauntlet down!!

;)
You would imagine this comment from DC was tongue-in-cheek as Stingrays have also already shown signs of being threatening this season. Playing against Hull is going to be far from easy. :?

If DC's comment isn't meant as a joke, then hopefully the Devils are aware of it, G has fully prepared our Guys and the fires of Hell are already burning for Saturday night. :twisted: