Joe Myers to Romford...

James

Administrator
Spatzy said:
i think he is going to be number 2 there..
Don't think it works like that. Joe is more than capable of of getting a lot of starts. Their other Nettie is Euan King who I think played in nets for Basingstoke for a couple of games to replace Reiter.

Raiders were saved a while ago when one of the supporters put together a business plan and negotiated a deal with the rink, which was the sticking point with the last owners.

Could someone give me a lowdown on Myers please? How many games he has played in the Elite, is he up to a starter role in the EPL etc. Thanks in advance.

Gazza272

The Dave said:
Could someone give me a lowdown on Myers please? How many games he has played in the Elite, is he up to a starter role in the EPL etc. Thanks in advance.

Joe came on leaps and bounds this season and towards the end of the year won a fair couple of games in net for the EIHL side.

I think Euan will be slightly better than him to start with, but Joe will be more than compotent when called upon. Sometimes however he can let the odd mistake go but i would think with more playing time his confidence will grow as it did with us this season.

My advice would be to be patient with him he hasnt been a goalie very long in hockey terms. He has got great character about him though, even at his low points during the thrashings we were getting in the 07/08 season his head didnt drop and he got better and better.

He should do well for you guys.

Wannabe2

Joe needs what lots of young lads need and thats ice time, if he gets that i think you will be pleasantly surprised with him. All the best Joe you deserve it.

TheStub

I think Joe really showed what he would be capable of last season. In those starts he got with Aubry out he went from strength to strength.

Give him regular ice time, and have him facing pucks, and the guy will show he is a top netminder.

He should be well.

osh

This is a good move for Joe. Having been at the Devil's since an early age, he was never going to be 1st choice netminder due to lack of ice time, and the fact that most teams wilwant to employ an import. What he needs to do now is take his opportunity when called upon and play well. It's hard to leave a player out if he is on good form. I'm sure his family will be pleased by his decision to try and make it elsewhere and I wish him all the best for the coming season.

Gazza272

Devils101 said:
He does need ice time, this can only make him a better goalie. Hopefully, he'll be our number 1 in a few years time. Good luck Joe.

AS much as Joe improved i would be very suprised if he ever became good enough to be an EIHL starter. Especially when you consider the amount of better and more experienced goalies in the EPL and some other EIHL back ups who have yet to crack it.

i can see him however becoming a very compotent EIHL back up or regular EPL starter

ASHIPP

Well done Joe and good luck to him. Hope will get plenty of opportunity now to build on that renewed confidence we saw in him last season.