Jersey update

JC23

Mine still isn’t in either.

From what I’ve seen, the jerseys that are in, the majority have the Matzka logo in the wrong place, shop have said to take those for now, and when the real ones come in, swap them.

They’re trying at least.

Kevlar68

But that's pointless, it gives them licence then to take their time with the real replica as they've fob'd you off with an alternative. That's bad management and just skims over the problem.

JC23

But that's pointless, it gives them licence then to take their time with the real replica as they've fob'd you off with an alternative. That's bad management and just skims over the problem.
I don’t disagree. But I mean, it’s not exactly in their hands is it? Until the company making the jerseys actually sends them, what are they meant to do?

Sadly, they can’t just pop out and get them made by someone else double quick, and tell the original company to do one.

Best thing they can do now is learn from it, and find a different supplier next year.

jimmy snels

for my 2pence worth, i dont understand why jerseys arent sorted out and available in june. players already resigned announced earlier (lets be honest we expect richie to sign for eg so theres no point delaying him to build some anticipation), so people can add a name if wanted or can wait for another. if there is a cock up u get 2 months to sort it. i genuinely like the black jersey but the constant cock ups and delays has put me off buying one to be honest.

Imp

Got mine. Very happy. :)
Biggest problem seems to be that they underestimated demand, which all things considered is probably ‘a good problem’.
Would I have liked it a couple of weeks ago? Yes.
Given that it all went a bit wrong, do I think the club could realistically have done more than they have? No.
Have the club clearly communicated what the situation is? Yes.
On Saturday, was it frustrating queuing behind people that, having been told that their jersey was not there unless they’d had a phonecall during the week, insisted on queuing anyway and then arguing the toss for 5 minutes? Very.

Only real downside, I probably would order a Sointu jersey ... if I had any confidence he’ll still be here when it arrives.

Kevlar68

Biggest problem seems to be that they underestimated demand, which all things considered is probably ‘a good problem’.
Given that it all went a bit wrong, do I think the club could realistically have done more than they have? No.
Have the club clearly communicated what the situation is? Yes.
Every season with a shirt launch there would be a high demand but not had this problem before.
8 weeks wait is not "a bit wrong" after taking everybody's money up front, they couldn't do anymore than they have as they made a huge balls up in the first place.
The club hadn't clearly communicated what the situation was as the shop was clueless and the club communicated shirts would be there on 21st Sept and weren't without anymore update on why not, they arrived 2 weeks later than what date the club stated.
In saying that the club shouldn't have had to step in and update anyway the shop owner or manager should be doing that.

Some people still haven't got their shirts and the only reason fans are holding out is because they can't get them anywhere else, i'm sure if they could the shop would be empty of customers.

Last edited:
So I had the phone call Wednesday to collect my shirt from the bar shop after ordering on the launch night.

Long wait but these things happen I guess, collected my shirt and happy with the shirt, 10 mins later noticed an error with the shirt, Jardine 77 as captain with a C on the front. Credit to cocky and the guy in glasses and baseball cap ( never remember his name) both couldn’t apologise enough clearly not their problem but a manufacturer mistake. The shirt got to be sent back now so further waiting. Now my question is the shop/club should be pushing the manufacturer for a big discount on my shirt as it’s clearly there mistake from the factory and pass this discount onto the customer “me”. I shouldn’t have to wait further time for manufacturer error.

Again not slating the club/shop but one of the above should be pushing for discount now from the manufacturer as it’s clearly there fault!

Kevlar68

It's easy to pass the buck on to the manufacturer as they can't reply, so how do you know it's their fault?

From the first original orders months ago it would be communication from the shop that starts the ball rolling on shirt names and numbers and what shirts have "C" and "A" on.
It's pretty simple, e-mail all the names with numbers and additional letters in a list form then the manufacturer just has to refer to that list as to not get it wrong, it's not rocket science and if a textile manufacturer can't get that simple procedure right why is the club shop using them? Cheapest they could find maybe?
Also this shows that the shop aren't quality checking the shirts before releasing if you noticed it 10 mins later and they didn't.

Its just been one bad balls up after another this season with the shirts. Some still haven't received theirs.

Last edited:

Rhyan48

Still haven’t had my shirts my self was one of the 1st in the shop on open nite and order them then , it will be 9 weeks now this week , I am not happy atall and tbh with you , the attitude from the shop is shocking with a reply to me as I ask does this mean they still ain’t in and will be in on finally dilivery next week ?the reply I had was How long is a piece of string ?? So I did have my say then , said about a refund if shirts are not in next week , he said you can say what you want to carnt do nothing about it ! It’s a very long story and a lot more said than this more on my half , it’s a piss take now , should never of taken money off people before they was in , and blaming the manufacturer is bullshit they are the ones that order the shirts the factory will just do as they are told ! It’s a massive balls up and it ain’t on ! I don’t know how many complaints have been made about the attitude within the shop and nothing has been done , one thing is a certain I will not be spending anymore money in that shop do not give a shit how much I want devils merch won’t be having another penny out of me and from what I know a hell of a lot of other people are going to be the same ! I am tamping about this situation and something should be done about all this by the club they need to look at the inside of all this , the club need to sort this out

Kevlar68

I just decided to have a look at the new online shop and i have to say almost all the merch looks very cheap apart from the hats.
Basic prints, basic garments. What is going on this season?
The ladies CCM t-shirt is the only good quality looking t-shirt and all the hoodies look poor quality with cheap prints.