Jersey update

Swarley

Thread starter #3
What an absolute frigging (I would use the other f word) joke. No other words needed...
That other f word has been thrown about a fair bit when this update came up, some have said they're fine with waiting but honestly how long are they willing to wait?

Kevin roog

Have they got any jerseys in the shop for sale at the moment,just plain jerseys with no name and number,I ain’t been in yet this season, too crowded every time I been past

Kevlar68

If this was a purchase from a sports shop, for example Direct Sports and you had been waiting 6 weeks when told 2-3 weeks EVERYONE would be going mad.
Really this just isn't good enough. What happens come next weekend if their still not ready? or maybe not every single top arrives.
How come the ordering process this season is such a shambles compared to the past 3 seasons?

Swarley

Thread starter #6
If this was a purchase from a sports shop, for example Direct Sports and you had been waiting 6 weeks when told 2-3 weeks EVERYONE would be going mad.
Really this just isn't good enough. What happens come next weekend if their still not ready? or maybe not every single top arrives.
How come the ordering process this season is such a shambles compared to the past 3 seasons?
My best guess, the shop went with a cheaper supplier to maximise their actual profit and the supplier can't manage the orders.

Kevlar68

All shirts have been paid for in full up front so IF the shop hasn't paid the supplier yet as a business owner myself i would be asking for a discount per shirt due to the huge balls up and then pass that on to the fan with a part refund, again that's IF it's the suppliers fault.
If it's the shops fault for poor communication to the supplier then the shop should be offering every single person who has purchased a shirt some sort of good will gesture, what i don't know, maybe a basic devils t-shirt that fans could use to get signed when they have the team signing night.

Swarley

Thread starter #12
All shirts have been paid for in full up front so IF the shop hasn't paid the supplier yet as a business owner myself i would be asking for a discount per shirt due to the huge balls up and then pass that on to the fan with a part refund, again that's IF it's the suppliers fault.
If it's the shops fault for poor communication to the supplier then the shop should be offering every single person who has purchased a shirt some sort of good will gesture, what i don't know, maybe a basic devils t-shirt that fans could use to get signed when they have the team signing night.
They did offer a good will gesture of getting a refund, outside of that I don't think the shop will part with merchandise without making money from it.

Hedd Wyn John

They changed supplier and had a significant change in the shirt design at the same time.

Kevlar68

They did offer a good will gesture of getting a refund, outside of that I don't think the shop will part with merchandise without making money from it.
Refund isn't really a good will gesture as due to the delay customers would be allowed a refund anyway as shirt not received within the original delivery date.

They changed supplier and had a significant change in the shirt design at the same time.
No excuse really for such a mess, they would have been working with designs and suppliers through the off season and know the time period they have to get it all sorted, this is the fourth season at the Viola so by now they know exactly what needs to be done.
They would have corresponded with the supplier and get a turn around time for shirts from order to delivery.

Last edited:

Hedd Wyn John

Refund isn't really a good will gesture as due to the delay customers would be allowed a refund anyway as shirt not received within the original delivery date.

No excuse really for such a mess, they would have been working with designs and suppliers through the off season and know the time period they have to get it all sorted, this is the fourth season at the Viola so by now they know exactly what needs to be done.
They would have corresponded with the supplier and get a turn around time for shirts from order to delivery.
I agree there's no excuse. Perhaps changing supplier AND such a design change to the Jersey at the same time was a poor move. The old supplier was reliable, perhaps they'll go back to them next season?

Kevlar68

Old supplier was in a sweat shop in Pakistan, the new one is in Europe.
Sweat shop or not they got the job done and exploitation or workers goes on in Europe also so who knows. Not only that how do you know it's a sweat shop? Not all textile producers are sweat shops in Pakistan.

Also Pakistan is further away and still got them to store by expected date.

Last edited: