Jersey Identification Assistance

Devils86

Thread starter #1
Absolutely no idea where this jersey has come from...
Printed logos, up to date sponsors logos from recent years. A prototype?
8B21B7A8-8453-41C9-A36A-6F3E2829FE2D.jpeg

Kevlar68

I've seen a few of these green ones on ebay with a few players names and I've seen another "prototype" Devils design on there.
The thing that I don't get is if you do a sample design you wouldn't make a whole team's worth, you'd just make a basic sample with Devils logo.
If the sample is rejected design you've only wasted one shirt cost not a whole teams worth.
Also if this was someone in the Devils Org selling them surely they'd be in the raffles to make more revenue.
Then there is the matter of using the Devils logo/sponsors to gain profit unless they've been given permission that is.

Last edited:

Devils86

Thread starter #7
Oddly, further photos are too large to upload. If it's a fake it's a VERY good fake - same labels and 'authentic' labels etc, fight strap and up to date sponsors.

If it was a prototype I would expect them to do one, with a random player so you could see how name and number look. (Batch 41 in this case)

I picked it up as I have all green Devils jerseys - that I know of - hence the "what the hell is that?!" Moment on eBay! On reflection I think this is the green prototype the Devils would have dropped last year - instead opting for the black CC jersey. ISTR there is often a decision to make between the third jersey being black or green. Would make sense. And it also means they definitely made the correct decision to go with the city scape!

Kevlar68

But there has been more than one prototype green jersey like yours on ebay. Think I saw Haddad and Louis.
Also in exactly the same design but other colors there were 2-3 for sale.
I'm on ebay all the time selling shirts so I see allot going through there.

Last edited:

Kevlar68

So, there is now a Myers green jersey like this one on ebay.
The feedback shows the seller has sold 2 others like this. I just messaged the seller who's in Nottingham asking did they have any others and how did they get to come by the shirt and they said they only had the Myers one and they were given it as a gift even though i have seen them sell 3 others the same style previous, also all have been XL.
Strange.
You don't get a sample made up of every player and all XL.

Last edited:

James

Administrator
Doesn't Hicksy live in Nottingham now? Whoever it is seems to be getting through a number of jerseys from a number of teams slowly

Rhyan48

So, there is now a Myers green jersey like this one on ebay.
The feedback shows the seller has sold 2 others like this. I just messaged the seller who's in Nottingham asking did they have any others and how did they get to come by the shirt and they said they only had the Myers one and they were given it as a gift even though i have seen them sell 3 others the same style previous, also all have been XL.
Strange.
You don't get a sample made up of every player and all XL.
I think there is something going on because there was the gay pride jerseys on there a month or two ago I messaged him he was from Nottingham and said he bought them off someone who won them on the nite and said paid a lot of money for ! The jerseys where not the real deal there was a few difference with them and I pointed that out he replied how disappointed he was that someone had done that to him and took them down but looks as if its the same person ! He was also selling a Joey Martin one exact same jersey as this green one , about 1 year ago just over there is something going on I would say personally

Devils86

Thread starter #14
C'est la vie - another green jersey to add to the collection. See what I can find out from Corky et al when we can get back to the arena.
Thanks all

Hello! Does anyone have an idea which year is this jersey from? I've had a look through a Cardiff devils jersey archive on flickr and it doesn't seem to quite match any of the jerseys on there. However, it looks pretty similar to the 1996/1997 jersey. Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited: