Jeff Szwez Getting Hammered

DevilDom

Just had a look at some of his other fights. Seems he wins a lot more than he loses. Definitely a top signing for the giants and could be the final nail in Mcmorrow's coffin cos he can actually play as well. I wouldn't mind him in our side to take some of the pressure of Brad.

Martynwo

If we were starting a new roster than i'd sign him in a heartbeat, a tough cookie who can play a little. He certainly got in the faces of a few players last night.

Big up for Vother last night and the crowd, they really showed McSorrow up for what he is, someone who doesn't contribute to his line-up.

How may time did Darnell speak to him on the bench after he continued to chirp away, why didn't he give a 10min misc too cool down.

I totally agree,imo Darnell isnt good enough to be ref,he allowed donkey to back chat all night from the bench and after speaking to him he still carried on why on earth didnt he send him off?

Darnell totally lost it,somebody should complain to the league about him maybe they will give him a refresher on the rules!! I watched Darnell look at a Giants player elbow one of our players in the head and do nothing :?: The man is a disgrace :x

Rempel16

Yes, the guy was quality, and has one hell of a mean streak to boot!

BTW, can't comment on Mcmorrow's actions in the warm up as i didn't see it.

But i gained some big respect for him Sunday. We abused him constantly at the back of block 2, yet as he was leaving he pointed up to us and gave us applause. Not many guys around to have respect like that anymore.

He knows he's supposed to get booed out of every away building and if he hears those boos he's done his job (which i happen to think he did excellently). Miller apart, we were frightened to touch the puck Sunday.

Rempel16 said:
Yes, the guy was quality, and has one hell of a mean streak to boot!

BTW, can't comment on Mcmorrow's actions in the warm up as i didn't see it.

But i gained some big respect for him Sunday. We abused him constantly at the back of block 2, yet as he was leaving he pointed up to us and gave us applause. Not many guys around to have respect like that anymore.

He knows he's supposed to get booed out of every away building and if he hears those boos he's done his job (which i happen to think he did excellently). Miller apart, we were frightened to touch the puck Sunday.
Top post
Mcmorrow did what he was paid to do and he did it well.

wildthing74

I changed my opinion of Mcmorrow totally on sunday.I was down by the bench during the warm up as my girls had sponsored the puck and were waiting for thier picture and to be fair he was constantly chipping away at everybody,especially Brad and Franny.
He was so funny and clearly was enjoyning himself.Brad did not know what to make of it and was not giving back which I was shocked at.
As been said on this thread,we looked intimidated on Sunday.I would like to think we were ignoring them to stay out of the box but some of our players did not show up and Mcmorrow was a factor in that I'm sure.

DevilDom

Exactly the same thing happened the 1st time we played Belfast at our rink - we were initimidated of our game by the Giants and in particular the presence of Mcmorrow.

He may not get much ice time but if his mere presence allows the other Giants players to throw their weight around without threat of retribution then I suppose he is doing his job. I do however think that Szwez looks more than capable of taking on the enforcer role for them and can play and that may mean the end of Mcmorrow.

wildthing74

Agree with all you say but hope they do keep him.He is good for the league and puts bums on seats.His lack of ability is more than made up by his pantomime villian approach to the game.Everybody is talking about him and I'm sure he sells tickets in every rink he goes to.

Rempel16

wildthing74 said:
Agree with all you say but hope they do keep him.He is good for the league and puts bums on seats.His lack of ability is more than made up by his pantomime villian approach to the game.Everybody is talking about him and I'm sure he sells tickets in every rink he goes to.
Agree. I hope Belfast win the league if we don't as it will show the other teams that it is still possible to carry an 'out an out' enforcer and put results on the board.

Finny

Various rumours though have suggested to carry a pointless import has meant they have had to smash the wagecap.

Obviously just rumours of course. ;)

It's not just about what McMorrow does, it's how his pressence improves the game of his team mates. (I don't think Szwez alone would have the same effect)

Unfortunately for Belfast, McMorrow's team mates are using that confidence in the wrong way more often than not, by making illegal plays rather than big hits.

I'm with remps, if we don't win the league I hope it's Belfast. It'll hopefully set the tone for next year. It's what the game needs in the UK IMO.

The two Belfast games this season are the first time I can remember us getting physically dominated in the tent.

Michel and Miller continued to throw hits and get stuck in all night and I'd have liked to have seen this from the whole team.

To add, I don't think the refereeing helped as our players more than likely felt they'd get called for re-acting to any physical play from the Giants. A stronger ref would have helped the game and possibly improved the physical balance.

Finny

Soundwave1 said:
I'm with remps, if we don't win the league I hope it's Belfast. It'll hopefully set the tone for next year. It's what the game needs in the UK IMO.
Not sure I agree with that. I can't remember the last time I've enjoyed the start of the season so much as I have this one so far.
And let's be honest - the two Belfast games have been the worst games of the season so far. I couldn't stomach watching that every week.

Finny said:
Soundwave1 said:
Not sure I agree with that. I can't remember the last time I've enjoyed the start of the season so much as I have this one so far.
And let's be honest - the two Belfast games have been the worst games of the season so far. I couldn't stomach watching that every week.
That's fair enough, we're playing fast, hard-hitting hockey for the most part and winning aswell which always helps. I've certainly enjoyed this year more than the past 2 seasons at least. :D

I think the Belfast games have been poor because of the constant clutching and grabbing by the Giants which hasn't been penalised properly in either game. It's slowed the games up and hindered the skill, which is why ZT was brought in. It's unfortunate it hasn't been refereed as it should have been in the two games so far. McMorrow's enforcing can't be blamed for that though. If anything his antics have been a welcome distraction from the dour hockey at times.

I would say though that if we were the team 'doing the bullying' the games would probably be a bit more fun than they have been. :lol: