Jeff Legue

DevilDom

I'm not that bothered about bans for opposition players.

We always complain when teams try to get our players banned. Think we should not be hypocrites by doing the same. Besides at the moment I believe we can beat any team in the Elite League. We beat them 7-1 with him in their team.

drainage

zoesdevil said:
Should be a 5 or 6 game ban, if it was Voth all hell would of broke loose and he would of got a bigger ban than that!
Voth would have been transported to a life of hard labour in some far flung hell hole :lol: :lol:

Jones72

drainage said:
zoesdevil said:
Should be a 5 or 6 game ban, if it was Voth all hell would of broke loose and he would of got a bigger ban than that!
Voth would have been transported to a life of hard labour in some far flung hell hole :lol: :lol:
What? Coventry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think bans kinda ruin the game in this league. I mean that Not-Cov bench clearance was the best publicity this league has ever had...

Having said that, did the Stingrays have a bigger ban last year for launching a stick at our bench? I could be wrong anyway. I no it's a stick not a bottle, but it's still a 'projectile'. The league needs consistancy in it's banning because it just makes itself look more and more stupid when there's different bans for different teams.

N P

Scott said:
I think bans kinda ruin the game in this league. I mean that Not-Cov bench clearance was the best publicity this league has ever had...

Having said that, did the Stingrays have a bigger ban last year for launching a stick at our bench? I could be wrong anyway. I no it's a stick not a bottle, but it's still a 'projectile'. The league needs consistancy in it's banning because it just makes itself look more and more stupid when there's different bans for different teams.
It's a Steelers player involved so I am surprised he got as much as 2 games.. :x

The bench clearance was the start of the end of Nottingham's title challenge for another year. Coventry didn't even bother mounting a title challenge this season.. :lol:

DevilDom said:
I'm not that bothered about bans for opposition players.

We always complain when teams try to get our players banned. Think we should not be hypocrites by doing the same. Besides at the moment I believe we can beat any team in the Elite League. We beat them 7-1 with him in their team.
There is no hypocrisy from the Devils organisation here, pretty much no mention of the incident in the press.
I have no issue with the suspension length if that is what the tariffs are. BUT....

What gets me is there is no consistency from the league on this. There has been no real explanation on Legue's ban (ie breakdown) unlike the other suspensions that have been handed out this season. What did he get for abuse of official? what did he get for throwing water bottle? what did he get for continuing with the incident?

Derek Cambell 1 game for biting an official.
Jeff Legue 2 games for multiple offences.
Lepine 4 games for seemingly clean check
Voth 3 games(initally) for Clark skating into him.

Surely there is a pattern here.

the Voth incident aside i think Legue's ban was about right,and yes i was up there and seen the incident myself,Voth is always going to get the short straw simpley due to his size and discipline problems in the past i think the league got this one right Legue was out of control and was punished accordingly for once the league got it spot on

voth26

floridadevil said:
the Voth incident aside i think Legue's ban was about right,and yes i was up there and seen the incident myself,Voth is always going to get the short straw simpley due to his size and discipline problems[/b] in the past i think the league got this one right Legue was out of control and was punished accordingly for once the league got it spot on
some of voths discipline problems have been to do with the muppets in the eihl panel not liking him :roll: :roll: :lol: