It should have been us

Agreed. I know some won't agree but I could never forgive Ragan for buying the steelers and taking the league away from us......

Bitter.... Yep!!!!!

rocketbob

Re: Re: It should have been us

samidevils said:
Agreed. I know some won't agree but I could never forgive Ragan for buying the steelers and taking the league away from us......

Bitter.... Yep!!!!!
I will never forgive Doug Christiansen/Belfast Giants for Tylor's lengthy ban that cost us the title.

James

Administrator
ggiant said:
Or losing to the stars in penalties wich stopped your run that extra point would have won the league.
True but then Dundee is a hard task for Cardiff. It's the longest distance to travel for a game in the league at almost 470 miles iirc.

wildthing74

Thread starter #9
Matzka missing an open goal in the last 2 mins in that home Sheffield game sticks in my mind.That one thing alone would have been enough :(
Clan giving up expecially at home was hard to swallow.Ok its not their problem but they cheated their fans and themselves that weekend espcially as they had their end of season booze up on the Saturday.Was so glad to see them blown away by Panties in the play offs the week after.

Rempel16

Could have been any number of things, unfortunately it was in our hands and we let it go.

But in reference to the Clan Wildthing, I have to concur, I thought they would have given it a go. I called them Playdead Clan all summer.

osh

Thank god it's not us. Down to 8 imports, all the additional costs of playing in such a competition etc. Anyone know the financial rewards for being involved?

wildthing74

Thread starter #12
Rempel16 said:
Could have been any number of things, unfortunately it was in our hands and we let it go.

But in reference to the Clan Wildthing, I have to concur, I thought they would have given it a go. I called them Playdead Clan all summer.
I lost all respect for Richardson as a coach after that.He owed us nothing but I though with his Nottingham history he would love to put one over the Steelers.
What kind of coach allows and end of season party smack in the middle of two games?The players were allowed to go through the motions and it was not even end of season anyway.Still I guess it was in a way as they skulked out of the play offs a week later and got what they deserved.

DevilDom

I think the Tylor 5-match ban at a critical time of the season and PR's purchase of the Steelers were the 2 biggest factors.

Players always make mistakes in games and teams will always lose games they expect to win but these 2 factors were out of control of the players and coach and ended up costing us big.

Koop11

lots of ifs and buts we can point to but we didn't finish our dinner. Heart breaking but that's life. We can't dwell on it. Onwards and upwards.

wildthing74

Thread starter #15
Koop11 said:
lots of ifs and buts we can point to but we didn't finish our dinner. Heart breaking but that's life. We can't dwell on it. Onwards and upwards.
I don't care Paul,I want to be in Denmark today and its just not fair! :lol:
I guess I feel so gutted as I remember the fun we had in previous Euro trips and Tilburg for me was the best trip of my life.If we ever got even clsoe to that experience again in a European tournament I would be over the moon.

Finny

osh said:
Thank god it's not us. Down to 8 imports, all the additional costs of playing in such a competition etc. Anyone know the financial rewards for being involved?
I'm not sure there is any financial reward. I think Thommo in the past has criticised it for costing the club money.

wildthing74 said:
Rempel16 said:

I lost all respect for Richardson as a coach after that.He owed us nothing but I though with his Nottingham history he would love to put one over the Steelers.
What kind of coach allows and end of season party smack in the middle of two games?The players were allowed to go through the motions and it was not even end of season anyway.Still I guess it was in a way as they skulked out of the play offs a week later and got what they deserved.
... Someone's tired ;) ha!

I think it was a pretty pathetic attempt by PlayDead, but thats life. So many factors could have handed us the title, and it could be nailed down to even the slightest mistake... c'est la vie...

ASHIPP

osh said:
Couldn't agree more. A European tournament to heighten the profile of the Club and players is a fantastic opportunity......but not if the resources aren't there to fund it. :?

Anyway, last year was a different season, different team, different set of circumstances. Absolutely no benefit to anyone in dwelling on what might have been and apportioning blame. We move on.