IS VOTH REALLY FIT?

Thread starter #1
Great to see the big man in the line up last night.Clever ploy to get more bums on seats for a mid week game,But I felt a little bit cheated last night as he didn't play much,If Voth still has back problems should he be on the Ice?

voth26

voth didnt play at all, he skated in the warm up thats all, to be honest i woiuld have been surprised if he had played

Martynwo

Simez1106 said:
Great to see the big man in the line up last night.Clever ploy to get more bums on seats for a mid week game,But I felt a little bit cheated last night as he didn't play much,If Voth still has back problems should he be on the Ice?
Why do you feel cheated, I think it's pretty naive to think people turned up just to see him play. I can't see any quotes from the management to say that he will take an active part in the game, just that he would be in the line-up
It's a roster game and I'm sure he had a positive input in the dressing room.

From the initial diagnosis of the injury I'm glad to see him on skates.

I think going from a wheelchair to playing pro hockey in 3 weeks would have been a bit of an ask!

I'm sure his potential presece and even the thought of him clashing with Keef put some bums on seats but I'm glad he didn't put himself at risk by playing. After Hill went off i thought we might see him.

I think the club made absolutly the best desicion yesterday. It was completed tactical to have Voth suited up and 'ready' to play. It would have rattled the Giants, boosted our team and got bums on seats.

And, it was just nice to see him in skates after such an injury!

Thread starter #6
Yep fair play with the answers,I did`nt see the bigger picture last night,I was`nt being crappy I amused he was match fit.

ASHIPP

Press releases stated Brad would be skating - and he did. No where did it say he would be playing, or even ready to play. Infact both PR and G had already stated it would be pushing it for Brad to be ready for last night. And I don't think many people expected him to play.

Club made a good decision - players returning from injury need to eased into games rather than thrown straight into important ones. Hopefully Brad might play a few shifts over the weekend, and a few more in Belfast.

All the same, fantstic to see him kitted and making progress. You only had to hear the welcome he received from the crowd to know how much he's been missed. :D

Yes it was a big ask, but when I and expect others did, received an emailed as per below, I would have thought from that, lots of people would think he would be playing, it doesn't say he'll be back but only watching ! but I think as someone else said having him in the warm up would have made giants think he was playing

VOTHER IS BACK!
Devils huge Challenge Cup Semi Final match tomorrow night has been given some added spice as Devils iconic power-forward Brad Voth will return from injury.

DevilDom

NOISYGIRL said:
Yes it was a big ask, but when I and expect others did, received an emailed as per below, I would have thought from that, lots of people would think he would be playing, it doesn't say he'll be back but only watching ! but I think as someone else said having him in the warm up would have made giants think he was playing

VOTHER IS BACK!
Devils huge Challenge Cup Semi Final match tomorrow night has been given some added spice as Devils iconic power-forward Brad Voth will return from injury.
Maybe he was going to play some part but didn't feel quite right in the warm-up? Whatever the reason it was definitely a good move not to rush him back too early.

It was clever, and the right decision. In all fairness, a little misleading too.
great to see him back. As for the loud cheer, he always gets the loudest cheer !!!!

Miss.Redberry said:
I think the club made absolutly the best desicion yesterday. It was completed tactical to have Voth suited up and 'ready' to play. It would have rattled the Giants, boosted our team and got bums on seats.

And, it was just nice to see him in skates after such an injury!
I think this is a bit far fetched to be honest. The giants are proffesional hockey players at the end of the day and to think that the thought of brad voth playing makes them quake in there boots is deluded. They've played us with him icing and beaten us. From what ive heard which is a pretty strong source is that voth is not in a good way sadly. I agree that he will have put in a positive influence in the dressing room. But he didnt need to be dressed to do that. This whole thing was an act to get bums on seats. I dont know how i feel about it to be honest. Im not prepared to jump down the throats of those who do feel cheated, as i understand a little.

James said:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/ice-hockey-news/2012/01/31/ice-hockey-voth-boost-for-devils-ahead-of-belfast-test-91466-30231025/
That really is a something and nothing story, I won't build my hopes up of seeing the big man back on that alone, hope I'm wrong though.

Heard a whisper Voth is definitely out of the weekend game against Belfast. That would be a blow but would make victory all the sweeter if we qualified for the final.