Is this the end of Sheffield steelers supports club?

Thread starter #1

Steelers management have told the supports club to stop selling tickets/transport for away games

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

jimmy snels

Sounds like a bunch of greedy muppets not looking after their own fan base, effecting the standard of support they will get for their team away from home (6th man?!) and lowering the standard for all with regards for what is available to away fans. Shite club run by shite people with a shite kit.

Jonesy83

I don't see the point in this. What possible reason could the steelers have for effectively stopping their team being supported on the road? Are they worried that other clubs are getting ticket money and profiting of their supporters? It just seems in a word 'stupid'

James

Administrator
The general rumour seems to be they are concerned people are spending money on away travel rather than on their orange rhino tat. This and cherry picking the games they stream for fear it's affecting attendance doesn't sound like a club in good health :S

pjj365

There is a post on twitter that suggests most fans travel independantly

Also it is only a request so if true fans why are they complying - is SSSC truly independent?

Either way sends a strong message about how Steelers value their cash cow customers

BTW Simmsey has been quiet these last few dsys

ASHIPP

There is a post on twitter that suggests most fans travel independantly

Also it is only a request so if true fans why are they complying - is SSSC truly independent?

Either way sends a strong message about how Steelers value their cash cow customers

BTW Simmsey has been quiet these last few dsys

Actually, Simms hasn't been quiet. He can be found today on the Hockey Forum (THF) trying desperately to defend the very things being discussed on here. As usual, he can't resist speaking out before any official statement from his club.

Last edited:

pjj365

ASHIPP - thank you - this is forum I rarely visit

I was thinking of twitter where he is normally only too happy to spout off about all thing Steelers and other teams

kingmo19.1

Sounds like a bunch of greedy muppets not looking after their own fan base, effecting the standard of support they will get for their team away from home (6th man?!) and lowering the standard for all with regards for what is available to away fans. Shite club run by shite people with a shite kit.
Don't hold back Jimmy :)

Russky

Obviously Mr snels does not want to sit on the fence for fear of getting splinters in his backside.:p
Having said that I agree with everything he has said in his post.

Last edited:

Devil_Abroad

Maybe that was the issue? Mr Simms did elude to some legal problem - so maybe the name shouldn't be used if it isn't run by the club? Of course this is a pure guess as I have no facts.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russky

I have to say that I find it a little amusing to see the Steelers being such stupid short sighted idiots, perhaps we should be used to this though coming from the Squeelers.