McIntyre. Faryna.
Moria. Asselin.
Priest. Morissette.
Sacratini. Bentivoglio.
Simioni. Pope.
Thornton. Martin.

What a game this would have been.

Kevlar68

I think the 1999 team have skill and physicality in their locker so i would go with a 1999 team win. Chinn was always good for a gloves off (unless it was Mike Ware when at Murrayfield) and man mountain MacWilliam he would put anyone off their game.

Last edited:

wildthing74

So that's why you picked my brains ha ha! That team was quality would be a great match for sure.

Some legends in both teams and I think the 96-99 era teams probably had more depth than the top EIHL teams last few years but the sport had bigger sponsors and better tv coverage then so hard to compare.This and last year's team are probably hands down our best since that era but ISL team would edge it for me.Look how incredible Hotham & Fournier are yet Lindman & Noble are my all time favourite D men and any team with likes of Matulik,Thornton,McEwen,Moria & Sacratini are always going to have huge depth.

Best team I think we ever had was 96-97 and the talent on that roster was ridiculous.

This team will be one though that is talked about in 2 decades just like the ones that last won the playoffs and the first ISL title and we are watching history in the making.Lets finish the job next weekend and the boys could rightly be considered our best ever.None of our teams have done the double since the Heineken days when let's be fir you had 3-4 good imports and the Coopers it was a done deal.To do it now with such stiff competition would be a dream come true.

Let's hope we are all still around when you compare this current team to the Devils of 20 years time :)

Wannabe2

Thread starter #8
So that's why you picked my brains ha ha! That team was quality would be a great match for sure.

Some legends in both teams and I think the 96-99 era teams probably had more depth than the top EIHL teams last few years but the sport had bigger sponsors and better tv coverage then so hard to compare.This and last year's team are probably hands down our best since that era but ISL team would edge it for me.Look how incredible Hotham & Fournier are yet Lindman & Noble are my all time favourite D men and any team with likes of Matulik,Thornton,McEwen,Moria & Sacratini are always going to have huge depth.

Best team I think we ever had was 96-97 and the talent on that roster was ridiculous.

This team will be one though that is talked about in 2 decades just like the ones that last won the playoffs and the first ISL title and we are watching history in the making.Lets finish the job next weekend and the boys could rightly be considered our best ever.None of our teams have done the double since the Heineken days when let's be fir you had 3-4 good imports and the Coopers it was a done deal.To do it now with such stiff competition would be a dream come true.

Let's hope we are all still around when you compare this current team to the Devils of 20 years time :)
That’s me out then.

Ocko

I personally think the class of 2018 have more in depth and that's where they'd win it. Not a lot in it in the top 2 lines but down the line up 2018 have a far greater ability individually down in lines 3 and 4..