Injuries

I’d place blame on the poor standard of officiating games, DOPS doesn’t help player safety unaided, the first deterrent should be officials controlling games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

Thread starter #4
Some fair comments but, again, am I alone in thinking penalties with automatic referrals have fallen since the "new DOPS"

Some fair comments but, again, am I alone in thinking penalties with automatic referrals have fallen since the "new DOPS"
It seems that way, I’m thinking it has more to do with current player injury levels, teams being less willing to risk penalties due to shorter benches at the same time DOPS changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gazza272

Injuries pretty much the same, we notice it more because we have had more than in recent times, But then we had far more games early on this season than in previous years, so more scope for injuries to be picked up.

pjj365

Thread starter #7
Injuries pretty much the same, we notice it more because we have had more than in recent times, But then we had far more games early on this season than in previous years, so more scope for injuries to be picked up.
I was thinking accross the league as a whole but take your point re Devils

Ocko

Yep less fights and more injuries, so let's have more fighting and we will have less injuries, it's so obvious.
Not strictly true. This time last year there were 47 fights in the league compared to 65 fights this year. Fighting has gone up massively and if injuries have too maybe the connection is the opposite?

ASHIPP

BostonBart22

Big loss for the devils, craig been outstanding for us all season and settled in well, hopefully he will be back as soon as possible, good luck on the op and recovery...p.s. devils cheer him up with next seasons contract...

Pondlife

Sad news for Craig, he must be gutted.

Does this mean Devils are down to 19 on the bench? Who else is fit and qualifies as U23 Brit?

ASHIPP

Sad news for Craig, he must be gutted.

Does this mean Devils are down to 19 on the bench? Who else is fit and qualifies as U23 Brit?
The Devils' other U23 player, Toms Rutkis (on a 2-way with Swindon) is also recovering long-term from a serious injury.
Devils' bench is down to 19, unless they can find a young British player at this late stage who meets all criteria.

JC23

The Devils' other U23 player, Toms Rutkis (on a 2-way with Swindon) is also recovering long-term from a serious injury.
Devils' bench is down to 19, unless they can find a young British player at this late stage who meets all criteria.
Callum Buglass also...

Not sure how fit he is after being out with injury last season, and getting a whooping on a weekly basis with Cardiff Fire in NIHL1 though.

Hasn't Buglass been injured this season too? Might have been early doors maybe?

Such a shame cos i'd love to see either of them get a bit of ice time with the devils. Imagine having Crowders and Rutkiss' hair on the ice at the same time...

Really bad news for Moore and the team. If the rumours of a crucial ligament tear are true, then I’m afraid he’s done for this season!
You would usually be looking at around 8 months recovery and rehabilitation time post op.
It’s a horrible injury, probably amongst the worst, not only because of the nature of trauma but also because the rehabilitation usually means months of physiotherapy and gym work spent strengthening the quads and calves etc to build stability around the knee joint.
Hopefully it isn’t a torn ACL and maybe just a medial strain which has a much better prognosis, either way I wish him all the best in his recovery.

Well I'm hoping he has wolverine like healing abilities and he's back on his feet in no time.

Some do heal quick, Zlatan (the footballer), damaged both meniscus and cruciate mid april.
He was projected 9-12 months but is back in a matchday squad this weekend.

Well I'm hoping he has wolverine like healing abilities and he's back on his feet in no time.

Some do heal quick, Zlatan (the footballer), damaged both meniscus and cruciate mid april.
He was projected 9-12 months but is back in a matchday squad this weekend.

You're absolutely right about Ibrahimovic, but he's a bit of a medical freak according to his orthopaedic surgeon!
The main difference here being that Zlatan and Man Utd engaged the services of a world leading surgeon in the USA and Zlatan probably had physio and rehab assistance for all his recovery period 24/7 , after all last season at Man Utd he was the equivalent of what Sid the Kid was to the Penguins.
I've had both ACL's reconstructed, numerous meniscus trims and an ectopic bone shave in my knees and all carried out in BUPA by the Welsh FA orthopaedic surgeon at the time (1990's) however, the final ACL rupture forced me to retire from all sport at the age of 26! So it can go either way unfortunately!
Here's hoping he's more Zlatan than he is me!!