Indiscipline

jenks33

Thread starter #1
Early days but our discipline so far in domestic games has been shocking. Particularly in Away games. Is the officiating in the EIHL poor? Yep horrendous but we simply have to adapt sooner rather than later. We can’t sit there all season saying “they wouldn’t have given that penalty in the CHL”. And as poor as the officiating is at times we also have to look in the mirror. I didn’t see tonight’s game but I watched our CC game in Guildford, our last CC game in Coventry and I also watched our match in Sheffield last weekend. I thought our discipline was very poor in all 3 games. Off the top of my head Reddick, Dixon and Marjamaki all gave away ridiculously soft pens during that Sheffield game which is very unlike an Andrew Lord team. I’m sure we will sort it out but let’s hope it’s sooner rather than later

jimmy snels

would tend to agree. id rather we got 2 mins for hitting/roughing than some of these weak hooking/holding calls if im honest. we're taking plenty of pens but not playing a physical game. pretty weird

Devil_Abroad

Refs have told the clubs they’re following the guidance given this season to call slashing / hooking / holding - they will be called less and less as the season progresses. I’d like to know how our player can be called 2 min interference whilst he has control of the puck?

Sliput

I was at the game tonight and there is absolutely NO WAY we deserved all of those penalties. The only dumb one was Haddads 10 minute. There was no need for him to have his arm / and or stick that high. The majority of the rest were just the officials being rubbish.

jenks33

Thread starter #6
As I said I didn’t see tonight’s game so I’m basing our discipline over the season so far rather than just tonight’s game. The abuse of official penalty in the last 10 minutes suggests our coaches and players weren’t too happy with some of the calls. I don’t think we’ve helped ourselves at times though.
What I would say is when you lose Morissette and Ulmer and then play much of this season without Martin and then Riley it really doesn’t help. These are all experienced players that know how to speak to officials and get on their good side. Morissette was a master at it in my opinion. A quiet calming influence that knew how to play referees

Imp

“Soft” seems to be the perfect description. You‘ll always get the odd howler from any officials, but the majority seem unbelievable rather than technically wrong.
No getting away from the fact that, if it isn’t happening to the other team, there must be something fundamentally wrong that Devils players are doing.

Rob Batch

I am slightly surprised that we didn't learn any lessons from our early CHL games ie new directives on 'sticking' type calls.

Chris

Administrator
I've deleted a number of posts from this thread that were not relevant to this topic.

Affected posters will have received a notification.