Increased activity outside IAW …..

august04 2.0

With the football at the Euros (and I think at these pilot events that are taking place), I believe you can only attend if you‘re fully vaccinated or can show proof of a recent negative test result. If anyone refuses to be vaccinated, perhaps the latter is their only option to be able to watch the Devils? I don’t know what the answer is with children. We’re supposed to be able to use an NHS app soon in Wales (as they have in England), which shows your vaccination record and test results. Maybe that’s the only way we can proceed - effectively a vaccine passport…..

NathanG

I went to the recent NIHL Division 1 finals weekend in Sheffield. Everyone had to show a negative test upon entry. They were the rapid flow tests, results available within 30 mins. It'll only take one or two extra stewards to facilitate this. It was no drama at all.

ASHIPP

Unfortunately the sporting and entertainment events, with audiences, indoors have been few and far between.... a snooker tournament or two and then only selected days with limited audiences. So far indoor events are still largely at the pilot stages... theatre, cinema, sport, the nightclub pilot in Liverpool.

All these larger events have been at venues with no roof (football stadiums, cricket grounds) or genuinely outdoors (pilot testing festivals).

Let's hope the data back from these re-enforces the efficacy data of the vaccines. Other world nations that have had success with vaccine rollout have lifted restrictions.... but what is the situation with Delta variant in those countries?

The whole thing is frustrating! The FM says that we’re leading the world in the vaccinations administered, yet our ice rink is still closed, then you see that the golden knights are at full capacity and ice rinks are open around the uk!

mjh

Welsh Government's official response refers to talks with IAW about reopening to those sportspeople returning to the Ice as soon as its safe. If that doesn't include spectators and the general public skating, it's not going to be much good financially. Let's hope I'm reading it wrong. Here is part of the statement...
"Welsh Government officials are in ongoing discussions with Ice Arena Wales about the possibility of sportspeople returning to the ice, when it is safe to do so.”

moggy#9

Welsh Government's official response refers to talks with IAW about reopening to those sportspeople returning to the Ice as soon as its safe. If that doesn't include spectators and the general public skating, it's not going to be much good financially. Let's hope I'm reading it wrong. Here is part of the statement...
"Welsh Government officials are in ongoing discussions with Ice Arena Wales about the possibility of sportspeople returning to the ice, when it is safe to do so.”
This is interesting. The fact that they're even having discussions suggests that the arguments are making headway. The politicians clearly need a way to save face, hence no immediate reversal. I wonder if they've said to iaw, "if you start your prep, we'll give you certain assurances for what happens in July." There is clearly going to be information that we're not privy to. This means that, whilst pressure needs to be kept up, we need to read carefully.

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #113
There was something on the news lunchtime when I was in the gym - could see footage of the Viola and about 10 seconds of the team doing an old training session. Couldn’t hear the commentary as the music was blasting! Was either BBC or ITV.

august04 2.0

Don't believe politicians when they use a sentence such as 'ongoing talks' the killer part of the sentence is 'when it is safe'. A total cop out we cannot believe then until the doors open to the rink.
Absolutely spot on. If that’s their criteria, the doors should be open already, as evidenced in other parts of the UK and elsewhere, where there is absolutely no data to suggest that it isn’t safe.