Idea: Elite League TV service

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #1
What are your thoughts on having a unified web based tv service for the Elite League?

Wouldn’t it be awesome if you had one service, one website that you could go on to and subject to payment (like a subscription) watch webcasts for all Elite league games., playoffs etc?

Personally I feel it would be a huge step forward for the league.

Diafol

Would they have a veto or would they be subject to a majority decision I wonder.

Probably would never happen though as £100 for a season (for example) wouldn't raise the same revenue as £10 per webcast.

Ocko

Nice idea but with most teams having something in place already, what do they have to gain?

Start a nice subscrption service at say a tenner a month and potentially you lose out as that customer would already buying at least 3 webcasts. It's nice for fans but I don't see how it will do anything other than decrease revenue.

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #7
Nice idea but with most teams having something in place already, what do they have to gain?

Start a nice subscrption service at say a tenner a month and potentially you lose out as that customer would already buying at least 3 webcasts. It's nice for fans but I don't see how it will do anything other than decrease revenue.
If they set the pricing right, they have a lot of potential. I think I’ve bought a grand total of two webcasts because of the high cost. & I think thats gonna be the same for many others. But hey I don’t know the ins & outs of webcasts revenues for each team so you’d have to do a viability analysis to work it out. Teams will only go for it if you can demonstrate it will make them money.

matbur

Nice idea but it's a bit too forward thinking for the EIHL which would rather choke itself on internal wrangling and squabbling than make a smart progressive decision to engage with its fanbase.