Ice time tv

Devil_Abroad

Would expect so but for any game being screened live on Freesports (only a couple possibly?)

I hope the quality of commentary and detailed team/player information is as good as last year - if not then we should expect a reduction in cost or maybe less uptake in games I choose to view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

Would expect so but for any game being screened live on Freesports (only a couple possibly?)

I hope the quality of commentary and detailed team/player information is as good as last year - if not then we should expect a reduction in cost or maybe less uptake in games I choose to view.

Why should there be a reduction in the price, the cost to put it together will still be the same, plus it’s £10 at every other team that streams their games. Cardiff’s picture coverage is second to none.

Devil_Abroad

Why should there be a reduction in the price, the cost to put it together will still be the same, plus it’s £10 at every other team that streams their games. Cardiff’s picture coverage is second to none.
Commentary forms part of the package. If your car company decides to use a cheaper supplier of parts but still charge the same price for the car you’d be happy?

Wannabe2

Commentary forms part of the package. If your car company decides to use a cheaper supplier of parts but still charge the same price for the car you’d be happy?

But everyone else charges £10, so why should cardiff be cheaper. Even Capitals I believe charged £10, and it was aweful, when it worked that is.

Devil_Abroad

I understand the link you’re making to Capitals and if we were honest and based solely on the quality then Cardiff could charge £20

As separate companies not only do they need to look at what else is being offered but also the fan base, opposing fan base, how much the club takes, the club’s influence etc

It’s not just the quality of other providers

My argument is based on their charge last year with the service they provided which commentating, knowledge and charisma between those commentating was a key factor for purchasing their output; if that is no longer as good then neither is the product and the value I associate to it.

Wannabe2

Probably that’s where we differ mate, I don’t put such a high value on the commentary although I appreciate some do. Some commentary is pretty dire, although in fairness most are amateurs and just doing their best. To be able to watch my team if I ain’t there for £10 is very reasonable.

Slartibartfast

But why have they left? (Im not after gossip here, Im interested in what they are doing next? I can't imagine them not staying in the ice hockey commentary world. They are so good at it.)

dave

So confirmation omTwitter of ice time TV set up for this season. Joining Gazza is oli Hampson who covered fire games last year and doing media for chl lthis year plus two graduates from Cardiff school of journalism. Rachel Jones who was last years Chl team media writer and the guy who is doing this years... best of luck to them. Starting with a couple of pre-season games being announced soon. Season tickets available again for webcasts