Ice Time TV Statement

Slartibartfast

Thread starter #1
I was one of the unlucky few who missed large chunks of the Steelers Game due to technical problems with Ice Time TVs streaming. It was extremely frustrating as I knew I was missing one of the best games of the season.
However Ice Time TV have released this statement (see link below). It seems it was totally outside of their control and now knowing that I feel really sorry for them.

So I just want to take this opportunity to say what a great job they do.
The streaming is usually close to flawless. When there are technical problems they respond very quickly. The presentation of the match night is outstanding. The commentators and interviewers do an extremely professional job.
Keep up the good work guys and if you find the scumbags geeks who attacked the server please throw them into a room containing the Devils fans that they frustrated and then lock the door.
http://icetime.tv/index.php/news/47...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

E.D.S.

Slartibartfast said:
I was one of the unlucky few who missed large chunks of the Steelers Game due to technical problems with Ice Time TVs streaming. It was extremely frustrating as I knew I was missing one of the best games of the season.
However Ice Time TV have released this statement (see link below). It seems it was totally outside of their control and now knowing that I feel really sorry for them.

So I just want to take this opportunity to say what a great job they do.
The streaming is usually close to flawless. When there are technical problems they respond very quickly. The presentation of the match night is outstanding. The commentators and interviewers do an extremely professional job.
Keep up the good work guys and if you find the scumbags geeks who attacked the server please throw them into a room containing the Devils fans that they frustrated and then lock the door.
http://icetime.tv/index.php/news/47...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Couldn't agree more. I'm glad you've started this post. Couldn't believe the email and service I've received from them. They are an absolute class act. The tangibles are the easier bits - the commentary and coverage is great - but it's the back office customer service that stands out. They truly get customer service. They seem like a brilliant group of people, delivering a great product.
Keep it up guys. Just a brilliant product delivered in a stand out way.
Thank you.

Agreed, absolute quality and as someone who can't make games anymore I'm well chuffed with the product. Commentary in equal as well and shows great knowledge of the game.
Is it me or does one of the commentators say "down low" at least 30 times a game though?

kettdevil1

Have to echo the praise for the stream (and their reaction when things go wrong). Camerawork is as good as it can be in our tent and the commentary is better than any in the league. Fair, insightful and knowledgeable. Aled calling the Batch v Fitzy fight on Sunday was as good as you will hear on ANY sporting broadcast and is just one example of what a good job all three guys (and the people behind the scenes) do.

For exiled fans like me, it is a massive plus to have something of this quality to watch. :RAWK

rocketbob

I have to mirror the praise given previously. As a fellow exiled fan this is the nearest thing to being in the BBT and miles ahead of other webcasts and efforts from previous seasons. I was very impressed (apart from the noted outages) how good yesterday's stream was on hotel wifi here in the USA.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Gazza272

Spearsy said:
Agreed, absolute quality and as someone who can't make games anymore I'm well chuffed with the product. Commentary in equal as well and shows great knowledge of the game.
Is it me or does one of the commentators say "down low" at least 30 times a game though?

Hi Spearsy,

I have a feeling this is me! I blame it on the fast paced nature of our team and my brain not thinking quickly enough alongside them for alternatives :lol:

I'll make sure I watch the repetition in future :D and thank you for the kind words.

James

Administrator
I'm sure it's just coincidence but when I was sitting next to the streaming desk a couple of years ago, if it was a game vs Steelers or Panthers and we were winning, suddenly there would be loads of reports of buffering and drop outs and people demanding refunds.

Sheincar

James said:
I'm sure it's just coincidence but when I was sitting next to the streaming desk a couple of years ago, if it was a game vs Steelers or Panthers and we were winning, suddenly there would be loads of reports of buffering and drop outs and people demanding refunds.
Strangely enough there is lots of whining on Steeltalk about exactly those things. I just put it down to usual squeeling :lol:

Wagstaff

I have only used the service once but have to say it was very good and value for money.
Yes there was a bit of buffering but that's not always down to the source, It's the Internet not an air transmission!
Although I don't like the gooooooal shouts during the highlights that I watch, that's because it's your team scoring against mine and far too often! :WALLY but the live commentary is very very good from people who obviously love the game and know a lot more than I do about my team as well as yours.

Well done ice time

Ps enjoyed Watching the Thommo interview, I presume John knows exactly what Thommo doesn't want to be asked........ But asks anyway :lol:

Hi everyone,

As one of the owners of Icetime all I can say is thank you for your humble feedback. It means a lot to the team that work in front and behind the cameras. We are trying hard to improve the service and working on some new exciting content to bring you. We love what we do and hope that what happened with the Sheffield game never happens again as it spoils our night also. Thank your for your support, you are all awesome.

Dan