Ice Hockey teams or open training?

Thread starter #1
I've been out of the hockey loop for a while due to work and University and am looking to get back into the swing of things.
A few years ago there was the "Cardiff devils Learn 2 Play" scheme at the BBT, coached by Max B at the time.
I've googled and searched all pages to find if anything similar is still ongoing and have found no evidence of anything thus far :(
So does anybody have any info on open training sessions or teams that are allowing fairly newbies to train or play?
I'm an experienced skater. No where near pro skater but thats why I want the practice.
Thanks in advance to any replies!

Cardiff still have the learn to play sessions they are on pad 2 at IAW on Wednesday and Thursday nights from 20:30 Wednesday is a match and then Thursday is skills and drills. I haven’t been for a while but from memory it’s £10 a session and run by Nigel Davies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matbur

Slightly off-topic but does the IAW do any adult learning skating sessions? I'd love to learn to skate well enough to start to get involved in hockey for a bit of fun.

Leighton

Slightly off-topic but does the IAW do any adult learning skating sessions? I'd love to learn to skate well enough to start to get involved in hockey for a bit of fun.
the IAW run Skate UK sessions;

http://www.icearenawales.co.uk/skate-uk-courses

Sam Motton's Extreme Edges runs classes for all ages but he's in demand because (in my humble opinion) he's a better skater than most of the players out there and is pretty much booked solid.

Kal

I'd like to take some classes, i can skate but not well enough to play and i'd like to give that a go too. Good to know that Learn to play made it over from the BBT i was wondering about that the other day.

Leighton

I started with the adult ltp a few months back. Spent more time on my rear than I liked but it was great fun. LW junior is now in the Jr devils u13's and his training has taken a priority which means my glittering beer league career is on hold.

I'm back home in cardiff from the 18th dec to first week of january. Does anyone know what playing options are available during this time? are there any rec teams I can contact to see if I can jump in on their training sessions?

Hi everyone,

I would like to sign up for the learn to play program - can you please help me with contact details or schedule?

thank you

Do you know if there's another way to contact the learn to play? I sent a request to join the facebook group around 2 weeks ago and haven't been accepted in yet.

Also does anyone know if any of the recreational teams hold beginner sessions?

Johnnybravo1927

Do you know if there's another way to contact the learn to play? I sent a request to join the facebook group around 2 weeks ago and haven't been accepted in yet.

Also does anyone know if any of the recreational teams hold beginner sessions?
Are you an adult or an u18? Either way I can probably help you, I am the LTP manager for the JR Devils but we also run the adult LTP. Drop me a line on jonathan.brickell@cardiffjuniordevils.co.uk

I started out with the person ltp a few months back. Spent greater time on my rear than I liked but it became great amusing. LW junior is now within the Jr devils u13's and his training has taken the best skate shoes a concern which means my glittering beer league career is on keep.