IAW Covid rules for games

Mazzoak

The Welsh Government cycle every 21 days, hopefully a reduction to Alert level zero won’t be too far away. England hasn’t seen dramatic increases in face mask reduction and spread, the mask for and against debate will continue for many more yrs.
We‘ve all experienced idiosyncrasy over the last yr and a half, but whilst removing the mask in a bar & mixing in close contact, then reentering the rink in a mask, to then remove whilst eating in the rink may seem like madness, it is what it is and it’s the rule IAW & the Devils require, so just wear the bloody mask...........

Paul Sullivan

Random question here as someone that's happy to wear a mask regardless.

Does the bar also count as the rink?

With that being a hospitality setting - masks are not required in the bar, but are required in the rink?

Or is the bar also classed as the rink?

I'm probably splitting hairs here i know...
Not definitive but in my experience the rules relate to the Premises license. So yes that one room is a bar, but it's a room in an indoor arena, the rules of which supersede those that apply to the Botanist or Mary's, for example. Licensing are one of the more powerful agencies when it comes to trading and closure. Not to be trifled with at all. HMRC, EHO and Licensing are pretty much the Holy Trinity for closures for a licensed business.

Mooney#16

The mask debate should be one that hopefully has a lasting legacy anyway. I think people get the wrong idea of the purpose of the mask that they are there to protect them and if they are happy to sustain the risk then they don’t need to wear one. That’s not the scenario and many have it wrong.

The Far East nations have for a considerably longer amount of time worn masks but they are worn not by healthy people to prevent getting ill but by people who are ill to help stop them spreading their germs ie the socially responsible thing to do so you don’t infect others. We could limit our death tolls for all manor of ailments if a similar mindset became mainstream in the UK. You could at least reduce the amount of sick days to the economy at the very least.

The request to wear masks in the arena is therefore not about the individual but doing your bit to ensure you don’t add to a larger scale issue. A small gesture based on social responsibility ie are you a team player or not.

No one needs to tie themselves up in knots about specifics. Slide your mask of if you need to briefly. Your not going to do a massive amount of harm but if just sitting spectating or moving around do the responsible thing and slide your mask on.

Irrespective of rules and guidance from the Senedd or Westminster sometimes you have to do what is morally right something slowly eroding in British culture unfortunately. It’s not about bucking the system, being a rebel, being a sheep or anything else political it’s about ensuring you don’t contribute to harming the people around you in some way. Cut through the noise and see the request from the club for what it is. If you can abide by it then great turn up and if not don’t. Just don’t expect exceptions to be made for you if you are incapable of considering your social and moral responsibility to others irrespective of how loudly or aggressively you voice your opinion. Calling it for what it is. Your simply wrong.

Not addressed to anyone specifically but just thought it needed saying.

davew

To Quote JFK:

And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask
what you can do for your country.
My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what
together we can do for the freedom of man.
Basically, individual freedoms come from having regard for society as a whole. liberal (with a small L) values cross political boundaries not define them.

There is too much "I want" "it's my right" and "i'll do what I want" in the current world.

Wannabe2

The mask debate should be one that hopefully has a lasting legacy anyway. I think people get the wrong idea of the purpose of the mask that they are there to protect them and if they are happy to sustain the risk then they don’t need to wear one. That’s not the scenario and many have it wrong.

The Far East nations have for a considerably longer amount of time worn masks but they are worn not by healthy people to prevent getting ill but by people who are ill to help stop them spreading their germs ie the socially responsible thing to do so you don’t infect others. We could limit our death tolls for all manor of ailments if a similar mindset became mainstream in the UK. You could at least reduce the amount of sick days to the economy at the very least.

The request to wear masks in the arena is therefore not about the individual but doing your bit to ensure you don’t add to a larger scale issue. A small gesture based on social responsibility ie are you a team player or not.

No one needs to tie themselves up in knots about specifics. Slide your mask of if you need to briefly. Your not going to do a massive amount of harm but if just sitting spectating or moving around do the responsible thing and slide your mask on.

Irrespective of rules and guidance from the Senedd or Westminster sometimes you have to do what is morally right something slowly eroding in British culture unfortunately. It’s not about bucking the system, being a rebel, being a sheep or anything else political it’s about ensuring you don’t contribute to harming the people around you in some way. Cut through the noise and see the request from the club for what it is. If you can abide by it then great turn up and if not don’t. Just don’t expect exceptions to be made for you if you are incapable of considering your social and moral responsibility to others irrespective of how loudly or aggressively you voice your opinion. Calling it for what it is. Your simply wrong.

Not addressed to anyone specifically but just thought it needed saying.
And very well said may I add.

NathanG

So with all this random movement where have you booked to take you test for a return certificate?
I can get one of those rapid antigen tests done here on the day before I fly. Which I think will be Tuesday but might come back Wednesday. I want to be back for the game.

Kevlar68

I can get one of those rapid antigen tests done here on the day before I fly. Which I think will be Tuesday but might come back Wednesday. I want to be back for the game.
Double check if I was you as you can get a rapid test but it has to be pre booked time slot, we had to for Switzerland

Last edited:

OJLloyd

Jumping back in - as Sully said, the law relates to licence. So you won’t be able to wir mask free in the bar, and then need to put one on as you enter the rink area.
Masks all the way, but you can temporarily remove to eat/drink where applicable.
This is opposed to a bar or restaurant, where masks are no longer required at all.
Me, I’d wear a personal bubble if it meant watching live hockey again.

mjh

One thing I've always loved about live hockey is the respect shown in the arena for all. Never had a single issue. Always a joy to attend and be entertained by such a awesome team. On Thursday I'll be bringing along some first time attendees including my two eldest children. Whatever people's views on the pandemic and all that surrounds it, I'm hopeful we'll all be able to escape for a while (within the rules, of course) and enjoy the magic of a Devils game. Hoping for a win but to be honest, as long as we have a great time, it'll just be good to have hockey back. If you're coming along, I hope you'll all have a great time. Enjoy!