IAW Covid rules for games

moggy#9

https://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/coronavirus-safety-measures-ice-arena-wales/

Think it might get a bit lost in the rosters thread.

Without the NHS cert this all looks more than reasonable. Some clubs allowing masks off in seats but I guess due to welsh regs only away fans might forget to bring one. good sales op for the club shop!! look forward tos eeing what the new food offering is soon
I wonder who the first set of fans to kick off about it will be.

Dirty dots should open a branch, or maybe the Clarks pie shop.

Kevlar68

They should clearly get Poutine Box in to replace grazing shed
That is a amazing call, that's then my dream fulfilled, poutine and hockey.

Used poutine box quite a few times, awesome, almost as good as Bookers BBQ and grill in Calgary.

Mazzoak

Nothing unusual in the measure, all straight forward inline with every other place. So shouldn’t cause any “issues”, famous last words, one thing Covid has demonstrated is people’s ability read rules, turn them into a complex narrative that’s fits their own point of view.
Pity about Grazing Shed, although I’m not sure any fresh food outlet is viable for hockey venues under restrictions, it’s bound to increase time spent away from your seat as queues will be limited for space. The last thing we want is more peeps going up and down in periods.

Jonesy83

FACE COVERINGS: Face coverings are still a requirement in Wales for indoor events

Are they still a requirement at indoor events? went to a gig in Cardiff last week at at David’s hall and they weren’t a requirement there. Also went to a night club last weekend and they weren’t there either.
Just generally asking as I thought it was only public transport, retail settings & health practices like hospitals they are a requirement.
Not saying I won’t wear one just wasn’t expecting it to be classed as a requirement

moggy#9

FACE COVERINGS: Face coverings are still a requirement in Wales for indoor events

Are they still a requirement at indoor events? went to a gig in Cardiff last week at at David’s hall and they weren’t a requirement there. Also went to a night club last weekend and they weren’t there either.
Just generally asking as I thought it was only public transport, retail settings & health practices like hospitals they are a requirement.
Not saying I won’t wear one just wasn’t expecting it to be classed as a requirement
As a private venue the rink can pretty much set any terms of entry they like as long as they don't beach any laws in doing so. What they've set seems to be the minimum standards, and a fairly low bar. I'd have preferred them to have been a lot stricter. I just hope that the rules they do have are rigourously enforced to guard against the Muppet brigade who seem to think they can do as they wish.

Jonesy83

As a private venue the rink can pretty much set any terms of entry they like as long as they don't beach any laws in doing so. What they've set seems to be the minimum standards, and a fairly low bar. I'd have preferred them to have been a lot stricter. I just hope that the rules they do have are rigourously enforced to guard against the Muppet brigade who seem to think they can do as they wish.
I have no doubt they can set any terms of entry they want to. But it’s the statement of ‘face coverings are still a requirement in Wales for indoor events’ that caught my attention. Like I said went to a gig in St David’s hall last week and no face coverings required. Were they breaking the law? Plus you can take them off to eat and drink? Surely a requirement means you have to kept them on at all times when at the event no?? It just seems a strange combination of you must wear them but can take them off whenever you please as long as you have a drink in your hand.
I think the proof of double vaccination status or negative test result before hand may have been a better option but that’s just my opinion.

august04 2.0

I have no doubt they can set any terms of entry they want to. But it’s the statement of ‘face coverings are still a requirement in Wales for indoor events’ that caught my attention. Like I said went to a gig in St David’s hall last week and no face coverings required. Were they breaking the law? Plus you can take them off to eat and drink? Surely a requirement means you have to kept them on at all times when at the event no?? It just seems a strange combination of you must wear them but can take them off whenever you please as long as you have a drink in your hand.
I think the proof of double vaccination status or negative test result before hand may have been a better option but that’s just my opinion.
I agree with this, would have preferred the proof of double vaccination/negative test result to be allowed entry. I’m surprised we didn't go down this route.

moggy#9

So they have to reinvent the wheel, so to speak? No doubt they're concerned about whether it'll work in Welsh or some such triviality instead of just using what they have in England.

Kevlar68

The problem with mask rule is arena staff have to enforce it. As soon as it's not enforced it becomes a farce. Proof of exemption should be shown if no mask and not just a lanyard as you can pick them up off the internet.
I travel on GWR train for work and no enforcement on the trains even though masks are required.
You also have Grey area of food and drink, to eat or drink you need your mask off but there are the booze brigade on trains that keep the tins flowing a whole journey so never wear a mask, so they use the food and drink as a loophole.

Jonesy83

The problem with mask rule is arena staff have to enforce it. As soon as it's not enforced it becomes a farce. Proof of exemption should be shown if no mask and not just a lanyard as you can pick them up off the internet.
I travel on GWR train for work and no enforcement on the trains even though masks are required.
You also have Grey area of food and drink, to eat or drink you need your mask off but there are the booze brigade on trains that keep the tins flowing a whole journey so never wear a mask, so they use the food and drink as a loophole.
But your not allowed to ask for actual proof of exemption, for numerous reasons, if everyone turned up with one of those internet lanyards there’s nothing you can do about it.
The strange part to me is you must wear a face covering unless your buying our food & beer. I mean something like you must wear a face covering while walking around the arena but can be removed when seated would make more sense.

Kevlar68

But you can get a proof of exemption GP letter.
I think that the rules set out from day one of this whole situation were flawed.
I'm fine with arena rules, I get to see my team play, it's no great deal wearing a mask for say 2 hours, i wear one for 10 hours for my work so 2 hours is nothing and it's consideration to the people around me at the arena.

OJLloyd

The law in Wales remains that indoor settings that are not solely hospitality (e.g. where you may have a drink, but it’s not the main reason for the visit) face coverings must be worn save for in the areas where food and drink are consumed.
Now obviously, as we can take food and drink to our seats, it’s common sense to simply remove the mask whilst eating/to take a sip, then put it back on.
The rules are perfectly sensible and in keeping with the law.
I’d implore anyone with a grievance regarding having to wear a mask to consider the potential cost of any non-compliance to the club we’ve missed so much over the last year and a half.
Let’s go Devils