IAW bar prices

Kevlar68

Prices of barrels may have gone up but you go with the cheapest suppliers so costs stay down. So if the new suppliers are cheaper than old ones (as you would never pay more than your last supplier) then they could increase a pint by only 50p not a pound. If they were paying the same as last supplier then why change, so if cheaper supplier why the £1 rise? Also i think there would be a agreement in place between Coors and IAW the more they sell the cheaper per barrel or free barrels per 25 sold, something alone those lines. I don't think its so much the product the problem its the hike of £1.

Last edited:

Finny

Prices of barrels may have gone up but you go with the cheapest suppliers so costs stay down. So if the new suppliers are cheaper than old ones (as you would never pay more than your last supplier) then they could increase a pint by only 50p not a pound. If they were paying the same as last supplier then why change, so if cheaper supplier why the £1 rise? Also i think there would be a agreement in place between Coors and IAW the more they sell the cheaper per barrel or free barrels per 25 sold, something alone those lines. I don't think its so much the product the problem its the hike of £1.
Don’t forget though that the previous prices were decided by the previous management. And that previous management were apparently running IAW at a loss, hence why the Devils have taken over.

I guess we could always release a player or two and then have the beer reduced by 50p a pint

Wannabe2

Surely our new prices are in line with the Panthers, Steelers, Giants etc, and so they should seeing as we are the number one club in the UK.

pjj365

The club are only managing the IAW, aren’t they.
Only a guess but I doubt they are doing it out if the goodness of their heart!

A typical arrangement would be they pay a fee to run the arena and take the risks and the profits. This would give them branding rights and Todd has suggested he is looking to liven up the bowl - so most likely

It could be a profit share but greatly doubt they would accept a simple payment for doing this

Kevlar68

Anywhoooo it will show at the end of season if it was the right move or not, i go for the ice hockey firstly, the odd beer is nice but i won't be paying £4.50 for a Worthington if thats the bitter as its the worst of bitters.

DevilDom

Don’t forget though that the previous prices were decided by the previous management. And that previous management were apparently running IAW at a loss, hence why the Devils have taken over.

I guess we could always release a player or two and then have the beer reduced by 50p a pint
Not saying IAW should run at a loss, however I thought the IAW is run under a completely different company and therefore shouldn't have any impact on the Devils budget?

I also thought the Devils management were taking over the running of the IAW to aide Greenbank and get some control of how things are done?

pjj365

I believe DevilDom is right but as I have said this will surely not be without some form of return although where that return is deployed is a business decision which could well impact budgets (for players budget!! improved fan experience, youth development, etc.) but will it be a significant amount? - I'd be surprised

Kevin roog

I know it’s a whole different ball game(literally) but arsenal are charging £3.50 a pint if u get there early. I think it goes up to £4.50 nearer kick off. Bloody London prices

zoesdevil

Does anyone know if the soft drinks prices have gone up also or have stayed the same, but obviously getting less for you money, with no top now? ;)

We should count our blessings. I bought a pint of cider and a coke in Nottingham arena on the weekend and it came to £8.60 as I recall!

I am more than happy to pay extra on the couple of pints that I have each game (£2 per wk) if this means more budget for the team or on improved arena facilities etc.

As others have said, it’s in line with other similar sporting/entertainment venues so why should we expect to get things cheaper?

Growth comes at a cost, and in my view if this helps in a small way then I’m all for it.

Wannabe2

We should count our blessings. I bought a pint of cider and a coke in Nottingham arena on the weekend and it came to £8.60 as I recall!

I am more than happy to pay extra on the couple of pints that I have each game (£2 per wk) if this means more budget for the team or on improved arena facilities etc.

As others have said, it’s in line with other similar sporting/entertainment venues so why should we expect to get things cheaper?

Growth comes at a cost, and in my view if this helps in a small way then I’m all for it.
With you 200%, if it helps the club, and is line with others then no problems, If we can continue signing the class players we have so far, and keep our club financially viable that’s awesome.

Finny

I know it’s a whole different ball game(literally) but arsenal are charging £3.50 a pint if u get there early. I think it goes up to £4.50 nearer kick off. Bloody London prices
Cardiff City did something similar a year or two ago.
Not sure if that’s still the case though.

Finny

I guess this thread shows how many new fans we’ve gained since the BBT day’s. Where they used to take the tops off the bottle too.
I’d always try to remember to take bottle tops with me. Else I’d buy a cheap bottle of water on the way just for the top.
2 bottles of Carlsberg for £5. But the chances of me drinking one without knocking the other over were very, very low.