IAW bar prices

Ger-Devils

Price wise here SSE an hour before Face-off up to puck drop, they have the appt hour on.

4 Heineken £13.80 then cider 4 pints £16.50 I think(need to check the app) but prices of drink is a lot more here in general so a £1 hike isn’t ideal.

I’m a cider drink myself but Strongbow is just chemicals and Bulmers is ok I guess? I know they’re under contract with a brewery but so many better beer/cider options available.

Devils86

Unsure how to feel about this. Always had a few at matches as get the train from town. Cider drinker, but put up with Strongbow as prices were ok (and as any cider drinker will admit you get pretty used to Strongbow being the only ‘cider’ available in some pubs in Cardiff).

Recently thinking I should cut down - maybe the IAW are just helping me do that!

OJLloyd

It was the cheapest pint in the Bay to be fair, so I’m not awfully surprised if it has increased.

Fairly sure the Matzka night was old prices, but perhaps things have changed since then?

It may be that the costs are increased for non-Devils events as an offset agains affordable rental of the venue.

That being said, this is in line with other sporting venues, and in utilising the arena facilities (including food and drink) these days we are directly supporting the Devils.

Thankfully the response to this has been less embarrassing than when they decided you couldn’t take a picnic to a sports venue.

august04

If you’re only having a couple of pints, it’s not really a big deal. If it puts the curbs on large groups getting bladdered during the game though, which I saw an increasing amount of last season, then I’m all for it.

Kevlar68

If you’re only having a couple of pints, it’s not really a big deal. If it puts the curbs on large groups getting bladdered during the game though, which I saw an increasing amount of last season, then I’m all for it.
I only have a couple but i still find a £1 increase a bit to much 50p would have been fine.

Vartel

At the training session last night Todd said they have got a new bar deal with the Coors destributor, so different beer will be on tap soon, Coors, Carling and Carling Dark Fruit (assuming the cider). They are also installing a new "premium Coors bar" on the side closest to the steps up (away from the glass that looks over the little rink). The extra bar should help with the speed everyone can get served in the period breaks. They said it was a very good deal, but there was no mention of specific prices for the new beers etc.

I have always loved how relatively cheap the beer was at the arena and at the BBT beforehand. I initially went in expecting stadium prices and found mid-range pub prices which was a bargin compared to other events.

Devils86

FYI ‘Cider’ switched from Strongbow to Stowford Press @ £4.50/pint. Some places in Cardiff sell Stowford at £2/pint - but those places don’t have the best ice hockey team in the country...

Anyway...Aladdin Cup time!

I’ve been priced out of the season this year. I deliberated about my ST and disappointingly decided I couldn’t justify the cost due to shift work and travelling costs. I loved a few beers at the game but a quid a pint more makes another huge difference overall. It was a very good price last year but that increase I’ll be coming a lot less. Glad the team has transformed into the force they now are, gutted I can’t go like I used to.

Wannabe2

I’ve been priced out of the season this year. I deliberated about my ST and disappointingly decided I couldn’t justify the cost due to shift work and travelling costs. I loved a few beers at the game but a quid a pint more makes another huge difference overall. It was a very good price last year but that increase I’ll be coming a lot less. Glad the team has transformed into the force they now are, gutted I can’t go like I used to.
Can’t you just maybe have a pint less, and still continue your enjoyment of watching your team mate. You are obviously a genuine fan so missing what you love so much, is a pure bummer. Just food for thought, not going to the amount of games you would like to is pure hell. Get your fix on the ice brother, we all need to stick together.

£4.50 for a Coors Light or Carling?

If you're mug enough to drink that dirty water masquerading as beer then I guess you're mug enough to pay £4.50 for it.

If the only beer on offer at IAW is going to be Coors Light and Carling I won't be spending a penny on drinks when we next visit.

Wannabe2

£4.50 for a Coors Light or Carling?

If you're mug enough to drink that dirty water masquerading as beer then I guess you're mug enough to pay £4.50 for it.

If the only beer on offer at IAW is going to be Coors Light and Carling I won't be spending a penny on drinks when we next visit.
I must be a huge Mug then, because I quite like Coors and Carling, along with most other beers.

Gazr76

In the actual proper bar they have also got Staropramen and Staropramen Pravha on draft as well. A very nice pint indeed. What's happened to all the furniture in the bar?