Hutch relased from sheffield

Thread starter #1
David Matsos has confirmed that he has released forward Jeff Hutchins from the Steelers line up. Hutchins will be replaced by new signing Matt Hubbauer who arrives from Canada on Wednesday

"Its a horrible part of my job but one that has to be done" said David Matsos "Its a call I was hoping not to have to make but recent results have meant that we have had no option but to look closely at our line up

"I needed another top centre, winning face offs has become an issue, we needed some more offensive punch and when Matt became available we had no option but to make a move

"I have nothing but good things to say about Jeff, he has been a top professional since his arrival here. He came back as quickly as he could from injury and this weekend i thought he played really hard. He is a first class individual

"I will do all that I can to try and help find Jeff a new place to play"

taken from steelers web site,
He belived to be moving to Capitals

Such a shame for Hutchins that it's a 'last in, first out' mentality but probably fair. Cruikshank is one very lucky boy to still have a job...

Hubbauer looks a certain upgrade on Hutchins and his story is great. I'm glad it was him rather than the rumoured Silverthorn.

I wonder if Wood will be as good as when I signed him on Hockey manager! :lol:

You have to start thinking how some of these changes effect the wage cap!

Although im sure sheffield have worked a way around it...

smith83 said:

id say hutch was on a fair penny. Verner had semi retired so hes probably on the cheap. Although im not sure what happens with reiters salary

Jacko said:
smith83 said:

id say hutch was on a fair penny. Verner had semi retired so hes probably on the cheap. Although im not sure what happens with reiters salary
Hutchinson was probably the cheapest import on the team and they will have to continue to pay Reiter whilst he is injured.