Hull Stingrays have folded?

Finny

Thread starter #1
According to posts on THF and Twitter, a report on local Hull radio claims the Stingrays have been liquidated and folded?????

Mooney#16

Very sad for Stingrays. Always a great little under dog in the league you secretly pull for.

However I have to laugh not at the Stingrays at all but at the rest of the owners and GMs. This farcical league structure they all convince themselves works because it puts a few grand more in the pockets yet devalues the sporting competition has just been shot right in the backside. Every clubs budget just went for a bust. They need to pull a rabbit out of the hat on this one or they'll be more teams going at the end of this year.

That's bad news for everyone in british hockey :(
What happens to the eihl now? Will a team replace them?
Someone like telford?

I sure as as hell hope theres not going to be 9 teams in the league it will be repetitive and boring after a while.

Earnie

This is very sad news indeed. I feel so sorry for those who's jobs are gone - players, staff and all

The League will have to wake up on this one. The Conferance system out of balance with one member missing?

jayemm

What a calamity. Wonderful fans, great welcome in the city on away trips and chip spice. Let's hope there's a buyer in the wings.

Let's not forget, that there but for the grace of God & His angels (aka Steve King and crew) we could have been in the same place today if the appalling management had continued.

It just goes to show that you need a well run, financially viable club as well a venue, fans and players. Maybe it should also remind us that when things cost a few quid more than last year, better that than liquidation.

Hope to see the Rays back one day soon.

davew

Earnie said:
The Conference system out of balance with one member missing?
let's be frank, it WAS the conference system that created issues for Hull, they pretty much had no say as they were in the middle of an ownership change at the time the two conferences were brought in.

I really hope that we can have a three home/three away league so that we can bring back a proper play-off qualification.

Gutted for all concerned and wish their fans etc all the best, after all, WE know what it's like.

davew said:
Earnie said:
The Conference system out of balance with one member missing?
let's be frank, it WAS the conference system that created issues for Hull, they pretty much had no say as they were in the middle of an ownership change at the time the two conferences were brought in.

I really hope that we can have a three home/three away league so that we can bring back a proper play-off qualification.

Gutted for all concerned and wish their fans etc all the best, after all, WE know what it's like.

How about 3 homes / 3 away against all other teams hence 48 games (same play off format) and 1 home / 1 away for the cup so 16 games top 4 go straight into the semi final 1 v 4 and 2 v 3...

jimmy snels

Exactly what i would want Sebastian.

Sad for hull and i wonder how much an effect watching Edinburgh, fife and dundee on a more regular basis had with minimal away support compared to playing nottingham, coventry or Sheffield who were near neighbours?

Have Hope#35

Reading between the lines on Twitter... The people who generally appear to be in the know don't seem to think we'll start the season with 9 teams, I would imagine a 10th is lined up in waiting!? Awful news for Hull and their fans regardless, we all know how shocking this kind of news is!

DevilDom

The Conference system and more specifically Belfast's refusal to play in the Northern Conference is partly to blame, however it appears having to pay for ice time has been the straw that broke the camel's back.

As most have said, loved going up to Hull on away trips. They have great fans and its shame for them more than anything that it has come to this. It would be nice to think the EIHL could step up and do something to help, however can't see that happening.

Im also pretty gutted for anyone who has paid for a season ticket or into their jersey rent to buy scheme etc. such a shame. Loved hull and was well looking forward for the first time to try some chip spice! :-( this makes me double gutted!