Hotham

Now that's it clear that Hoth aka Mav has left, lets wish him the very best and embrace our new D man and remember whoever wears 24 shirt will never be a "Andrew Hothman" so please no posts comparing X with Andrew H.

Ocko

#24 WILL ALWAYS BE Mike MacWilliam for me.
Nostalgia again!

A league MVP D man who single handedly dragged us to wins, scored a league winning wonder goal, fought probably as many legit heavyweights as MacWilliam did for us, played 30 plus minutes a night, won 2 league titles, a challenge cup and a play off trophy, a point a game and highest PPG D man in the EIHL and ISL we had. Plus played 4 seasons here vice Mike’s season and a half.

Or a tough guy who had no real fighting opposition in a season and a bit spent here, and had the lowest points of all forwards in both seasons (Eklof doesn’t count he barely had a shift) but did win a play off title to that team’s credit.

MacWilliam was an ok player, extremely tough and exciting at the time (I used to love the guy) but he had no real opposition and was past his prime. Hotham is different class in what he did for us. Only one #24.

Last edited:

Mooney#16

There’s not really a contradiction. Outsider seems aggrieved there wasn’t a negotiation and has interpreted this as the Devils didn’t want him back. Steve hasn’t said they did try to negotiate either just that the will was there to sign him if he accepted the offer so they did want him. Hoth knows his value in this league clearly and perhaps wanted to maximise it but if you try to price yourself beyond a club you can’t be shocked if they walk away and you can’t really be aggrieved about it as in effect you lost the game of chicken.

I think put simply i’d Hate to see Hotham make the same mistakes with his legacy that Hendo did. That would be horrific to watch.

fridaysfingers

People are saying Outsider is Hotham’s dad but he has in the past denied being related to any of the players.
Also he has stated he has coached at a level equivalent to elite league and assistant coached at a higher level.
Greg Hotham’s elite prospects page make no mention of any coaching experience.
It’s not for me to say it’s not him but has anyone got proof?
Having said all that he would always stand up for Andrew ( and Scott )

Mazzoak

I’ve not read any mention of Hotham demanding more money. I’m sure he’s not stupid, his agent (assuming he uses one) would also be aware what financials are possible around the EIHL or whoever pitches interest, compared to his value to the team. All I’ve read is a take it or leave it attitude from his father and the Devils acceptance of his leave it decision, whilst admitting they’d prefer to keep him, but failed to negotiate any counter offer. My interpretation is of one party prepared to pay the offer on the table and no more. Maybe clarification on why the parties failed to agree on a contract stating one party required an increase in value beyond a level the club was prepared too pay and walked.

Ocko

People are saying Outsider is Hotham’s dad but he has in the past denied being related to any of the players.
Also he has stated he has coached at a level equivalent to elite league and assistant coached at a higher level.
Greg Hotham’s elite prospects page make no mention of any coaching experience.
It’s not for me to say it’s not him but has anyone got proof?
Having said all that he would always stand up for Andrew ( and Scott )
Check his date of birth on his inferno profile, then check that of Greg Hotham.

And here’s the coaching link. Head coach of junior A and assistant at AHL with Newmarket Saints.
http://www.bshof.ca/?p=651

Devil_Abroad

The Devils did not fight tooth and nail to keep Hotham, it was a take it or leave it . No negotiation , so as i said to Wannabe last week and i'll say it again , the Devils didn't really want him back
If they offered him a contract then that is surely evidence they wanted him back? My logic here being that a contract offer would not be on the table if they didn’t want him back.

I’m assuming what you’re trying to say is that the offer was not agreeable to Hotham and Devils weren’t prepared to meet his requirements as it did not fit their budget plans?