Hotham

pjj365

IF that is the case then negotiations started early - unkikely. Lordo would not destabilise the team by doing this

You just had to look at his body language at the end of his last game at IAW and at the end of the PlayOffs to know he was going

Maybe Lordo would like someone who is coachable and who would train to the death but to say Devils did not want him back is, I think, wrong as is born out by Todd's words

d20

only just noticed this with it saying unknown,either he could be going somewhere or as we know hasnt announced his retirement
1533638500778.png

I think he’ll go to Belfast. Good money, respected organisation and a coach with decent values. I think he’s the big name signing they need to keep fans happy.

In an earlier post from Steve King. he talked about players going to another club in our league and that would feel strange (sorry can't remember exact words). I wondered at the time why he said this. I was devastated when Hotham said he would not be returning and have had my heart in my mouth whenever Belfast have announced an impending signing, oh I so hope I am wrong and he isn't their last signing! In saying this, I am not questioning the judgement of our club and like everyone can't wait for hockey again . Off season has been a struggle this year!

august04

My guess is he is retiring and has returned back home because of his wife’s career. But if that isn’t the case and he goes to Belfast, Sheffield or any other club in Britain, he’ll get a rousing cheer off me before the game. He’s been a brilliant player for us and I’m thankful for the success he’s helped bring to the club. But once the game starts, he’s the enemy and I hope that first shift, someone smashes him into the boards and makes his life hell on the ice for the rest of the game (and every time he plays against us). My money is on him retiring though. Although maybe the delay in announcing Parisi is that we’re waiting to counter Belfast or another team announcing Hotham? Who knows?!

Last edited:

SteveKing

Just so that I can put this to rest immediately, we absolutely wanted Hoth back. I personally communicated with him after he notified us that he would not be returning and asked him to reconsider. Would he have returned for more money than this or any other club in the EIHL would be able to pay? Possibly. But in reality, his two options in his mind were retirement or an offer he couldn’t refuse in another league. To say that we didn’t want him back or didn’t make him a very generous offer is categorically false. Hoth will always be a legend for the Cardiff Devils.

Have Hope#35

Just so that I can put this to rest immediately, we absolutely wanted Hoth back. I personally communicated with him after he notified us that he would not be returning and asked him to reconsider. Would he have returned for more money than this or any other club in the EIHL would be able to pay? Possibly. But in reality, his two options in his mind were retirement or an offer he couldn’t refuse in another league. To say that we didn’t want him back or didn’t make him a very generous offer is categorically false. Hoth will always be a legend for the Cardiff Devils.
Great news... when is the final jigsaw piece being put in place then ;)

kingmo19.1

Shrewd move by Hoth if that’s his intention (to remain in the EIHL). From a competitor standpoint, doubling his money is still a relatively cheap option to what could be the clincher in winning the league by securing his services

Mazzoak

So if Hotham returns to the EIHL at another club, does that suggest he had more options........as great as he was at the Devils, would a club pay so much more for him ?

d20

Personally I hope he's not back in this league with another team I'd hate to see that but not announcing his retirement it looks as though he may well turn up again in this league .