Hotham banned for 2 games

august04

Thread starter #6
One of the most innocuous slashes I've ever seen. Very unfortunate that it caused injury but these things happen. Never a match penalty and where DOPS got the additional one game ban from, God only knows. An utter joke of a decision from an utter joke of a set up. The future of DOPS and this whole review request system needs to be given serious reconsideration at the end of this season.

bdevil

I'm sure the Coventry game can be appealed but what's the point? we risk losing the appeal for Hoth to then miss one of the Belfast games next weekend..

Laughable
So checking to the head - called a Match penalty -dops does not increaee
Fighting called match penalty - again dops does not increase
Incident involving spectator - match penalty - dops does not increase
Checking from behind match penalty - dops does not increase

A slash not called on the night / or barely called in any of the games this season and there have been 3 or 4 worse looking one - DOPS make it a Match penalty and then add a further match....

WHAT.....DOPS has been laughable on many occasions for many teams but through my obvious bias eyes (before anyone points that out) how can the DOPS continue, how can it continue to have any integrity.

kettdevil1

I'm sure the Coventry game can be appealed but what's the point? we risk losing the appeal for Hoth to then miss one of the Belfast games next weekend..
I am pretty sure that you can't appeal anything less than three games but will stand corrected if you know something I don't.

august04

Thread starter #10
Didn't we criticise DOPS earlier this season? This is their/Kirkham's revenge. Get rid of them for good next season and replace with a disciplinary system that's fit for purpose. DOPS clearly isn't.

BostonBart22

I am pretty sure that you can't appeal anything less than three games but will stand corrected if you know something I don't.
please dont appeal , even if it was possible, it could go 2 ways , downgraded to just one game or upgraded to 3 if we lose appeal. I would rather hoth miss the one league game at coventry rather than miss the home panthers game as well., whats done is done, think cory pulled a cracker with this appeal, this was a ploy to get hotham banned tonight, panthers would rather play belfast in the final down here rather than the devils as we have thier number in the last few games , and thats if they beat steelers in their 2nd leg which i cant see panthers overturning. and whats this 6 weeks out with a broken finger, load of tosh bet he be back for their 2nd leg a week wednesday in a remarkable recovery. ah well the money we save on hothams air fare can go towards a dummy,,a babygrow, and a pram for cory. good luck DEVILS tonight, its gonna be tougher now , just go in with the attitude of lordos performance on sunday , you never know . ..... oh and save a bit of energy for panties on sunday . on a lighter note this rest will do hoth a world of good, he deserves it, not the ban , the rest....

kristian

If the guys needed a bit of extra motivation pin that up in dressing room team talk done.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

voth26

Completely farcical by the DOPES, oops meant DOPS, no actually I was right first time!!. You just know that no other player is going to get a ban for something that's goes on in every game?. Well Devils here's that extra motivation for tonight and the weekend games especially the panthers

Bazza

Demented
Old
Panther
Squeeled

Devils
Only
Player
Shafted

Decisions
Only
Please
Steelers (and Giants etc but they don't start with S!)

ASHIPP

please dont appeal , even if it was possible, it could go 2 ways , downgraded to just one game or upgraded to 3 if we lose appeal. I would rather hoth miss the one league game at coventry rather than miss the home panthers game as well., whats done is done, think cory pulled a cracker with this appeal, this was a ploy to get hotham banned tonight, panthers would rather play belfast in the final down here rather than the devils as we have thier number in the last few games , and thats if they beat steelers in their 2nd leg which i cant see panthers overturning. and whats this 6 weeks out with a broken finger, load of tosh bet he be back for their 2nd leg a week wednesday in a remarkable recovery. ah well the money we save on hothams air fare can go towards a dummy,,a babygrow, and a pram for cory. good luck DEVILS tonight, its gonna be tougher now , just go in with the attitude of lordos performance on sunday , you never know . ..... oh and save a bit of energy for panties on sunday . on a lighter note this rest will do hoth a world of good, he deserves it, not the ban , the rest....
Hoth's intentions were not deliberate but he has paid the price unfortunately. Panthers seeking a review will have nothing to do with them wanting to play Giants in the Cc Final (and no guarantee Panthers will qualify).

Simple fact is one of their players was injured in this incident. They already have 2 inports out on long term injuries and 2 more with recurring injuries and can only play a few games at a time.

Ever broken your fingers? Can tell you from personal experience it is a very unpredictable injury to heal. You cannot grip or lift anything properly. Pretty limiting for a sportsman whose game requires manipulating a hockey stick.

Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary Flames) merely fractured his finger in a slash at face-off this season - he was out of action for 5 weeks. You can understand the Panthers' thinking. And would have expected the Devils to do exactly the same in this situation.

Gazza272

. And would have expected the Devils to do exactly the same in this situation.
Really? i could understand if it was a malicious off the play slash, but Hotham is trying to make a play to make sure Dimmen doesn't make that puck first. You have to have sympathy for the game when making these calls. Accidents can happen out there.

ASHIPP

Really? i could understand if it was a malicious off the play slash, but Hotham is trying to make a play to make sure Dimmen doesn't make that puck first. You have to have sympathy for the game when making these calls. Accidents can happen out there.

And this was an accident. But a coach with an injury crisis on his team at the crucial time of the season might just see it differently.

august04

Thread starter #19
Panthers seeking a review will have nothing to do with them wanting to play Giants in the Cc Final (and no guarantee Panthers will qualify).
Even if they're not guaranteed to reach the final, I'm absolutely certain Panthers review request has everything to do with that.

Electro

There are many arguments for and against, most I'm afraid leave little justification for the punishment that has been dealt, there is a reason players wear gloves of such design, you cannot punish a player solely on causing an injury, not in this sport. The fact is players move sticks around and likely to impact a players body, it's what happens, it is why they wear so much padding, it should not increase the punishment unless that contact was a deliberate act off the play and also caused an injury.

It seems in this case the injury took priority, the act was not deliberate, but hey we are hear to prevent injury, so let's ignore the intention or lack of it and punish on the injury. I believe had no injury occurred, nothing would have been reported.

In my opinion that is wrong.

DOPS should have player representation, not just the opinion of a referee. An ex player will read another players actions, in the context of how the game is played and be best placed to assess the difference.

Of all DOPS is poor decisions and whilst it has good intentions, this decision stinks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: