Hi and Disillusioned

Thread starter #1
Hi All,

I hope this is okay to post. I am actually looking for some constructive feedback, not just bad mouthing.

Been a Hockey fan and Steelers fan for a long long time. (I have always admired the Devils, half my fam is from Cardiff). Lately I find myself completely disillusioned with the team and why I support them? Does that make sense?

I don't like certain things and don't feel they have always treated the fans very well. Always stuck by them but lately I am finding that hard. Maybe I am being a dick but would like to know others impressions or experiences/thoughts.

Cheers

trapped

What are the issues you feel with the Steelers and why do you feel disillusioned with them, i..e what about the way the fans have been treated? As Cardiff fans, we had a period of ownership that many were disillusioned by and it culminated in us having very real worries that we would lose the club that we love. So feeling disillusioned is not unusual or uncommon, I'm just intrigued to know why you feel that way.

From the outside looking in, Steelers look to have invested heavily this year and have an extremely impressive group of forwards that will help them challenge most nights. Tough to really be upset about that...

Thread starter #3
Not so much the boys in orange butthe leadership. TS has undoubtedly done good things for British Ice Hockey but his lack of respect for fans has been clear for a while.

The team is great this year, but I could say that about you guys and Belfast. Steelers seem to have become very money orientated (and I get that its a business) but at what cost?

BostonBart22

Not so much the boys in orange butthe leadership. TS has undoubtedly done good things for British Ice Hockey but his lack of respect for fans has been clear for a while.

The team is great this year, but I could say that about you guys and Belfast. Steelers seem to have become very money orientated (and I get that its a business) but at what cost?
no doubt the car park will help with players wages was it 7.00 last season, could be 10.00 this season.

tim78

You shouldn't be starting this season feeling that way, not when you've got a team thats looking a lot more stacked than ever.

Just remeber the person that buys a team and maintains it, is doing a lot more than just being a fan (I know that can be controversial). I wouldn't worry to much about his choices, the more negative fans become the more negative a situation will get. Just look forward to some high end action when the arena teams are in.

Justtw

The only real problem I have with the Steelers fan base is the lack of respect for other teams in the league and their lack of appreciation for other team’s achievements. British teams participating in the CHL, KHL and other European tournaments is fantastic for our league as a whole. I wish Giants pull through again and get through their group stage of the CHL and do great! And always supported teams when they’re in the same position. I have seen countless Steelers laugh, mock and belittle other teams achievements or lack of success in these kinds of tournaments. I may not like the Steelers but if they were pushing through the CHL, hell yeah I’d back them! And even with that, If I vocalised that, I’d probably receive verbal abuse about how their in that position of success and Devils aren’t. The lack of respect for teams wanting to do make a name for this league in Europe is honestly disgusting. I’ve witnessed incidents of drunk Sheffield fans starting arguments, threatening violence and showing no respect for our rink staff on countless occasions. It should not be tolerated, especially since the sport is being marketed (whether I full agree with it or not) as a family activity.

pjj365

Hi All,

I hope this is okay to post. I am actually looking for some constructive feedback, not just bad mouthing.

Been a Hockey fan and Steelers fan for a long long time. (I have always admired the Devils, half my fam is from Cardiff). Lately I find myself completely disillusioned with the team and why I support them? Does that make sense?

I don't like certain things and don't feel they have always treated the fans very well. Always stuck by them but lately I am finding that hard. Maybe I am being a dick but would like to know others impressions or experiences/thoughts.

Cheers
I suspect you are not alone across not just hockey but all sports

When you are winning it is easy not to see what you might perceive as management shortcomings. When you are going through a slump ( which happens to most sports teams at some time) then non playing issues come to the fore.

If you enjoy the sport and have supported a team for a long time then you stick with it and squirm inside or at the extreme vent your frustration in the bar, in social media or any other outlet you have. It happens - welcome to the roller coaster involved in supporting a team through thick and thin