Have Sheffield forgotten their own rules?

Finny

Thread starter #1
For those of you who don't read THF:

Greg Wood picked up a 5+game penalty for fighting in the last second of the game against Newcastle on the Friday night.

As we all found out after the first Hull game, a 5+game penalty for fighting in the final two minutes of the game automatically means a 1 game ban:

http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/news/detail.php?id=6804:
Scott Romfo; 1 game suspension for a 5+Game Misconduct for fighting in the last 2 minutes of a game
Mike Hartwick; 1 game suspension for a 5+Game Misconduct for fighting in the last 2 minutes of a game
However, Greg Wood apparently played last night in the game in Newcastle.
Surely this means Sheffield have iced an inelligible player and the game will be awarded a 5-0 win to the Vipers?

I would add it on SteelTalk but I appear to still be banned.........

Russky

You seem to be forgetting that any of the rules set by 'Sheffield' do not apply to themselves if it inconvenient to do so!

Gazza272

Finny it was Stephen Wood thier defenceman that got the penalty, i dont think Greg Wood is big enough to fight, and he doesnt play for the steelers :lol:

The Elite League is always going to be a bit of a joke when crap like this is allowed to happen....

Just publish the rules already!!!

Gazza272

Finny said:
Oh yeh. Silly me. :oops:

Who is Greg Wood then???

Greg Wood played for the Bison a few seasons back and played for Coventry last season, so you didnt make him up :lol:

I think he once guested for Sheffield as well, but Holl_5 will be able to tell me if i'm right about that as i might be thinking about Danny Wood. Either way he wasnt doing any fighting on Saturday night. :lol:

Gazza272 said:
I think he once guested for Sheffield as well, but Holl_5 will be able to tell me if i'm right about that as i might be thinking about Danny Wood. Either way he wasnt doing any fighting on Saturday night. :lol:
I think you're right.

Dean Holland speared Wood in the midrift after the final whistle as they came together for a loose puck on the boards right in front of our block. Wood gave him a slap and Holland sticked him again so they both dropped the gloves and Wood gave the kid a beating. I find it ironic that Holland would spear anyone after he went down like he'd been shot, cheating to get Cruikshank thrown out the other week. Cruikshank also punched him in the face as he was skating off.

So Holland got a 5 minute penalty?! What a fluffing joke! :evil: He was the instigator for starters.

Spearing: should have been penalised. Slashing: could have been penalised. I'm glad he got his butt kicked in the end. And there was me thinking Carson was having a great game up until 50 minutes...

Wood was fuming. I didn't even need to be a lip reader as you could hear him shout "He effing speared me" to Wilson on the bench.

So let's take the Campbell/ Voth incident. The Elite League site still tells me Voth received 33 penalty minutes in the Coventry game. Campbell serves his match penalty for FIGHTING against the Steelers, and Voth gets his FIGHTING match penalty overturned for the Belfast game. Isn't that somewhat of an injustice for having the same fight and the same penalty? Ok, so Campbell probably deserves a ban, and more than the one game, but on a technicality you could say the Blaze have been hard done to, or the Devils have been fortunate. (After all you own the league now! :p) Maybe Carson had a look at it afterwards and overturned it himself, just like Thompson did the other week...common sense prevailed in both these incidents. If a ban does come of it, which I don't see myself, then I will be furious.

I wonder if the Blaze will lose tonight after travelling back from Belfast, Finny?! ;)

Believe they are at almost full strength Finny. Thornton apparently took a knock in the warm up and didn't ice much but Johnson was back so they had 10 imports plus their major Brits.

Saw first period and they battered us, 21-4 in shots but luckily Peter "past his best" Hirsch was in top form again :lol:

rolf

Finny said:
For those of you who don't read THF:

Greg Wood picked up a 5+game penalty for fighting in the last second of the game against Newcastle on the Friday night.

As we all found out after the first Hull game, a 5+game penalty for fighting in the final two minutes of the game automatically means a 1 game ban:

http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/news/detail.php?id=6804:
Scott Romfo; 1 game suspension for a 5+Game Misconduct for fighting in the last 2 minutes of a game
Mike Hartwick; 1 game suspension for a 5+Game Misconduct for fighting in the last 2 minutes of a game
However, Greg Wood apparently played last night in the game in Newcastle.
Surely this means Sheffield have iced an inelligible player and the game will be awarded a 5-0 win to the Vipers?

I would add it on SteelTalk but I appear to still be banned.........
it is stephen wood..........