Hang the blessed DJ

Thread starter #1
I'll start off by admitting I'm a music snob! Now the DJ has to go, not just because of some of the random, rubbish and sometimes repeated bits of music but I'm sorry letting an unedited version of limp bizkit to play with the use of the word sh!t in it in a so called family environment is just wrong!!

Have to agree, the music is dire ! Constant din and nothing to encourage an atmosphere even with bad language on one track! With so many families with young children..really?
Just sums it all up at the moment #Gongshow

He is shocking, no sence of timing either. The drummer is also useless.

The atmosphere is dire as it is, im sure a good dj (like myself) would help things alot ;)

James

Administrator
The problem with musical taste is it is just that. I personally think the current DJ plays a lot more good, appropriate stuff than the crap the last one used to pump out. The timing has got a lot better over recent games too. I'd agree there is never a time and place for Limp bizkit, and songs should be vetted for swearing but I suspect the dire atmosphere has more to do with loosing to Hull and being 9th place in the league. Go and chat to the DJ. He's not pompous or self righteous seems willing to listen to requests.

i thought it would be a good night, in the rink last game but no the toy town drummer did turn up why why why,,,,,he cannot even keep a time beat,,,must be some ones mate,,,, dj,s music ,,if that is better some one help us,,,,

Jones72

fenderbassman said:
i thought it would be a good night, in the rink last game but no the toy town drummer did turn up why why why,,,,,he cannot even keep a time beat,,,must be some ones mate,,,, dj,s music ,,if that is better some one help us,,,,
Dude...you might want to check your keyboard.

Looks like the comma key is stuck.

;:|

fenderbassman said:
The drummer is actually paid, him and his 2 mates are also given season tickets. I know this because one of my mates is one of the freebie ST holders that go with him.

Skippy

If anyone posting on this thread is having problems logging in on their usual accounts please drop me a PM and we will look into your log on issues.

Cheers
Simon

ASHIPP

Not so much the music choice as the timing of the player intro. What's happened to it? Far too short to get crowd pumped up.

Now we just get going to first few bars of ' Burn It to the Ground' and it all stops abruptly because teams are already on the ice. Kills the crowd build up for the team.

Jon

As has been said before both the DJ Dai and the professional drummer Brett are happy to talk too anyone.We all have varying tastes in music and something you hate may be appreciated by somebody else or have been asked for by the guys,i will make sure the edited version of that track is used or not played at all in future.Thanks for the input although nobody has mentioned tracks that should be played?

ASHIPP

Jon said:
ASHIPP i will see if that can be altered in any way.
Am sure this will help the build up to the team coming out. In previous the foot stomp/hand clap music of Nickelback gave the fans plenty of time to create an atmosphere for the team to come out to. Just make it as long as it used to be to get us going!

Sheincar

houdini said:
fenderbassman said:
The drummer is actually paid, him and his 2 mates are also given season tickets. I know this because one of my mates is one of the freebie ST holders that go with him.
Sorry but why is anyone getting a freeby?

Jon

He hasn't got a season ticket he doesn't get paid.G is still part of our legacy i hope playing his music isn't an issue for anyone.

Jon

Why does anyone including a professional drummer provide their services free of charge,hopefully you can work that out for yourself.

ASHIPP

Jon said:
He hasn't got a season ticket he doesn't get paid.G is still part of our legacy i hope playing his music isn't an issue for anyone.
Really pleased to hear G's song being played. He certainly deserves repectful acknowledgement - v big part of this Club.