Hands up

Gaz G

Thread starter #1
Right then.....

I upset a few the other day with my comments about this forum being "bipolar".

I will apologise to those it directly offended in terms of real life difficulties. That was of course not my intent. In honesty I was simply trying to make light of how up and down this forum can be, and it really can go mental.

I've taken myself away from the forum for a couple of weeks to do a bit of research. I've trawled through people's comments, some (more than one , before my direct messager takes unbridge) wanted Mo to be gone last year, then called him captain fantastic (not a quote but a simile).

Some were moaning after 6/8 games last year that we weren't good enough and we should sack Reddick. Almost like dogs with bones.....every other team were sacking players so why weren't we.

We had comments abouts our challenge cup hopes.

We had comments about lines.

We had comments about every negative you could possibly imagine and we won the league, the conference and the playoffs.

We then find things to keep moaning about and in honesty it's gotten boring. I like this forum, I love some of the users, but the constant moaning gets on my nerves a tad.

Again, apologies for the bipolar comments to whom it caused offense.

jenks33

Right then.....

I will apologise to those it directly offended in terms of real life difficulties. That was of course not my intent. In honesty I was simply trying to make light of how up and down this forum can be, and it really can go mental.

I've taken myself away from the forum for a couple of weeks to do a bit of research. I've trawled through people's comments, some (more than one , before my direct messager takes unbridge) wanted Mo to be gone last year, then called him captain fantastic (not a quote but a simile).

Some were moaning after 6/8 games last year that we weren't good enough and we should sack Reddick. Almost like dogs with bones.....every other team were sacking players so why weren't we.

We had comments about every negative you could possibly imagine and we won the league, the conference and the playoffs.

We then find things to keep moaning about and in honesty it's gotten boring. I like this forum, I love some of the users, but the constant moaning gets on my nerves a tad.

It surprises me that people get offended by negativity on a forum. If you go on every sports forum in the world you will see negativity. That’s just the nature of a sports fan base. It’s an opportunity for supporters to air their frustrations. I think it’s much better to come on here and air them than on twitter (Bryce Reddick deleting his twitter account for example).
Even tho teams win trophies it doesn’t mean that everything is Rosie. Let’s be honest if Paris and Reddick were gassed before October last year they couldn’t have had too many complaints. As it turns out Reddick did turn things around so fair play to him. And fair play to Lordo.
I remember us losing two games heavily in September last year. Manchester 1-6 and Guildford 8-4. Do you not expect fans to moan about that? I’m not saying you have to like it and I’m sure some of the posts were over the top but there’s obviously going to be negativity on a fans forum

Foxy

The comment was out of order but pleased to see you apologized.

As to the rest of the post that is a nature of the forum. The start of last season was frustrating and i think that frustration boiled over on the forum. We had seen what the team were capable of the season before and with the majority of the team returning i suppose we expected to carry on in that vein. With Reddick i dont think he really show cased what he could do until he was partnered with Strachan. Which proves things can change throughout the season as do opinions.

I'd too would rather air my views on here than make personal attacks on twitter.

ASHIPP

Right then.....

I'm confused. I don't know whether this is an actual apology to those affected by Bi-polar Disorder...or just another opportunity to moan about the moaners.

Mazzoak

I’m going to use the term fluid, sports are fluid, opinions can be fluid. It’s a term often used but misunderstood, especially in politics. Sports fans are going to inevitably change their opinions because the sport is fluid, ever changing. As is opinions of members of forums, in the blink of an eye an opinion of a member can change with a cras comment or whatever. Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one, something along those lines, anyway. Why has moaning or being negative become so bad, don’t know, maybe cautiousness, scepticism has been missed and replaced. It’s good you’ve managed to squeezed out an apology, you’ve started the shift of opinion back towards one of a positive.

Gaz G

Thread starter #10
Ashipp. If you're as confused as you say you are I would suggest you try to read my post again. I not once, but twice apologised for the bipolar comment. I even referenced those directly affected by it.

I stand by my comments though that this forum is very very fickle and the mood goes up and down quicker than yo yo.