Graz 99ers vs Devils - 7 Sept 19 - CHL

Diablo3

A standing area would be a great idea for generating atmosphere, but to accomplish it might prove too tricky. e.g. to make it work you have to have a large enough area to make it effective / worth while, so in reality most of one end. To do that you need the cooperation of those season ticket holders in that area, to either stay with a reduction, or move to another part of the arena.

The_Puck

I’m thinking strip out blocks 3, 4 and 5 and add barriers. More people would want to stand there as the team shoot twice down that side. I know it would be tricky to ask those sittings fans to move elsewhere but maybe they can have a reduced ticket.

tim78

I'd imagine there are strong laws on terraces in the UK. Never really see them so I would expect it to be a small area if we do... call it a terrace and h n s will stop you and add complications... unless you Google terrace and vote lib demand. Lol

JT666

I'd imagine there are strong laws on terraces in the UK. Never really see them so I would expect it to be a small area if we do... call it a terrace and h n s will stop you and add complications... unless you Google terrace and vote lib demand. Lol
For what it’s worth, Rodney Parade in Newport, where professional football and rugby teams play has terracing.

In terms of funding, maybe the bronze terraces (corners) would be more viable. 3-5 are silver. Maybe just block 7?

I would never sit again if we did get a terrace!

Attachments

Slartibartfast

The interview with the Graz coach Doug Mason was conducted in German much to the surprise of Aaron Murphy. (They are in Austria Murph).
After years of learning German, I can finally put it to good use. Heres my best attempt at a translation. Canadians speaking German sound weird.

Interviewer: Very strong start, but despite that it wasn't enough. Why was that.
Doug: First period we played well despite being behind 1-0. The second period, the first 11 minutes were a catastrophy. We did not play well. Too quiet and two many one on one battles lost. In that time the 3-0 lead was built. In the third period after getting a goal back we woke up a bit and played some good ice hockey. But naturally it was a difficult task to comeback.
Interviewer. How much did you miss the players out with injury today.
Tom then talks about the injuries but I didn't quite understand it. I think he says "We started with 4 forward lines but ended up with 3. Its not enough of course and we need to find a solution." ( I welcome any clarification here from German speakers)
Interviewer. There are still two games to play. Do you still believe you can make the playoffs.
Tom: I always believe. We are in a professional sport. We are here to win. When its completely impossible then I will no longer believe.

In another interview later on he talks about having only ten forwards and I know that two of their top players are injured. However two of our top players are also injured. Amazing to think that we have more depth than an EBEL team.:)

Last edited:

hip check

Would need a lot of thought put into it to make it work, if it did come off I believe it would prove popular, I'd certainly be interested in a ticket there.

CaldicotDevil

What is needed for qualification?
1 win we qualify? Can we lose both and still go through?
I still think we need to get an one OTL against Frolunda (smalll ask I know). 10 years ago you wouldn’t of dreamed of being able to compete with them but now there’s a huge belief we might be able to scrape something.

Fingers crossed Graz can do us a favours against Mountfield.

tim78

I thought an ot loss against frolunda would put them through as we will be equal points and they'll have won more regular games and beaten us. A actual win is needed...

That's based on mountfield winning in graz twice.

moggy#9

I still think we need to get an one OTL against Frolunda (smalll ask I know). 10 years ago you wouldn’t of dreamed of being able to compete with them but now there’s a huge belief we might be able to scrape something.

Fingers crossed Graz can do us a favours against Mountfield.
As far as I can see a point against frolunda would be enough if Graz win one in regulation and the other goes to OT. If Mountfield get a regulation win or better, a point wouldn't be enough.

hip check

We've got two games against arguably the best team in Europe, getting anything against them would be an absolute monumental achievement, I'm sure our boys will give it everything they've got but results elsewhere will probably decide the finishing positions, regardless of the outcome of our two games our Devil's have been immense in this competition and we should all be very proud of them.