Graz 99ers vs Devils - 7 Sept 19 - CHL

moggy#9

Well that was fun. No matter what happens in the last couple of rounds of games, the devil's have exceeded expectations, laid down some serious markers and done wonders for the reputation of the CHL. Not to mention the fact that we get to spend the next month top of the group.

mjh

Awesome game. Wow! Devils top the group! That Benti goal was something special too. Not getting carried away with two games left against the best team in the competition will be tough but the Devils have been awesome this campaign so far. Was concerned Shuff and the Giants might be too strong this year but have got to say we look very assured and determined. Feel so confident and excited to see this team in the months to come. Great job Mr Lord. Looking good! Jardine has really impressed me the last few games and McMonagle is shining too. This is going to be a fun season. Shout out to Reddick too. 4th line immense. Duggan superb tonight.

BostonBart22

What a win, fantastic team effort , including the fans who made the journey, on a downside Bowns may have put himself in the shop window after a complete performance 42 saves, i just hope we can keep him this season at least and give him a sendoff at the end of season as we all know it will happen sometime and good luck to him if it does. praying he stays though...

Devilsatw

How’s the table looking? Top 2 qualify yes?
I think we need 1 win against frolunda who imo are the best in the comp. wow this is going to be tough

jenks33

Great win. Stand outs for me were Bowns, Jardine and bentivoglio. Will be interesting to see what happens with Sointu. He’s been great so far but will Lordo see him as a longer term signing.

Mazzoak

Great response after that last game. If we can keep consistent Fro should be worried, or at least respectful. We’ve got enough to pull off a result.

Red

Wow. Such a complete performance by everyone. Some stand outs for sure but everyone deserves that result.

Really wish I’d gone. Anybody know the lyrics to the song in the following video?

We are the Cardiff Devils
We come from down the Bay
Our captains Joey Martin
And we have Charles Linglet

Andrew Lord and Kelman
They took us to the top
Where they go we follow
And we will never stop

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

Slartibartfast

Great result. Much better performance than against Mountfield. Changing the lines seemed to work. The passing was much slicker and again at times the Devils dominated despite being heavily outshot.
As others have commented the new D players are now shinning. I think Lordo has got the recruitment spot on this year.
Fourth line again played a blinder as did Bownsy.
Linglet and Fournier looked as good as any of the top Graz players and Bentis goal was class.
That was a complete team performance for the full 60 minutes.

Much better from the Devils, every player sticking to the game plan, knowing where they needed to be and Bowns being a rock at the back.

Also a lot more energy from the Devils in this game, I thought the mount field game they looked a bit sluggish and tired, like the travel and effected them but not in this game

tim78

Linglet and Fournier looked as good as any of the top Graz players and Bentis goal was class.
For me add Bownes and Jardine, then say better than any top player on graz.

Awesome effort by all. Never understand shorting the bench when still trying to play offensively but Graz was a game where all the bounces went our way.

Nicer ending the tour on that win.

moggy#9

Great result. Much better performance than against Mountfield. Changing the lines seemed to work. The passing was much slicker and again at times the Devils dominated despite being heavily outshot.
As others have commented the new D players are now shinning. I think Lordo has got the recruitment spot on this year.
Fourth line again played a blinder as did Bownsy.
That was a complete team performance for the full 60 minutes.
If we can have that 4th line play all season it'll be great for the performance of the devils and GB.