Goodbye Bownsy??

Well if you get offered an NHL contract, you'd probably could upgrade your wedding plans 8).

For me I'd only want to see him here or NHL/farm team, he's a big part of the Elite League and hopefully GB can stay up and the elite league can continue to be sustainable at this level.

Looking forward to seeing how the new league gets on and if it can help develop more players.
He simply isn't good enough for the NHL. That would be a pipe dream at best.

tim78

Here they come! An opportunity is simply and opportunity.

Most of last years goalies in the world championships are NHL pedigree and have save percentages around that mark.
It's certainly good enough to get a farm team interested and if you face better and constant competition you've got your chance.

CaldicotDevil

Love Bownsy however a back up goalie in the Del or Liiga is probably his realistic level. I'll be gutted if he went but can't think of a player who deserve it more.

d20

Never know Pete Russell could offer him an opportunity to play DEL2 along with other players ,wouldnt surprise me if he offers some deals to the GB boys and it'll be a great opportunity for them and its still a good standard .

Last edited:

Earnie

I recall we had a similar conversation and sentiments after the Championship last year when GB won Gold. Bownsie is still a Devil.

I really hope on a selfish level that Bownsy stays with us. But I'd understand if he did move on for more money or a better league. If he does go, I'd love to see Tyler Beskorowany at the Devils as first choice netminder if he's available, as I think there were suggestions that he wouldnt stay at the Giants for next year, that would be a great first choice Netminder. -He's a great netminder and a right pain in the rear for opposition teams last year. But as an Import, having him would mean we'd have one less import skater....

osh

6-0 down 6 minutes into 2nd period. GB shooting themselves on the foot, 4 pp goals against and the team look as if they’ve never skated together before, embarrassing at this stage. Swindelhjrs5 and Phillips having mares in defence.

Wannabe2

GB are not embarrassing themselves at all, our British lads are playing against the best Countries around, we had our heyday getting to Pool A, if you thought we were going to do anything in this company, then wake up. These lads are giving their all, they are knocking their socks off against the Real Deals, it’s a awesome experience for them, but it is uphill all the way. Myself I think the boys are doing well, against amazing opposition.

Devilsatw

They done well against Germany and Canada wannabe. But your clearly not watching today’s game. It’s embarrassing.

No way Denmark should be laughing at us like this and scoring 8-0 after 2 periods

There better than us yea but not by this much.

Commentators and pundits predicted a close game and we could even shock them.

RTfarty

GB are not embarrassing themselves at all, our British lads are playing against the best Countries around, we had our heyday getting to Pool A, if you thought we were going to do anything in this company, then wake up. These lads are giving their all, they are knocking their socks off against the Real Deals, it’s a awesome experience for them, but it is uphill all the way. Myself I think the boys are doing well, against amazing opposition.
Not the case today. We competed with Germany and hung in there against Canada as best we could. This game was targeted as one to try and get something from (against the odds obviously) and it's men against boys out there, very sloppy in our own end and key players making silly mistakes. There comes a point where you have to get over the players on the other team, play some good hockey and prove you belong on this stage. We're being shown up today and I imagine Russell will be furious with the team right now.

Wannabe2

Actually I am watching this game thank you, as I have been watching all the games, Denmark are ranked 12th in the World, we are ranked 22nd, and it’s showing. Denmark have NHL/,KHL etc players in their team, we have Elite league players, the clubs we watch here in the UK are supplemented by 15 Import players, GB don’t have that luxury. These lads are not, and I repeat not embarrassing themselves, they are giving everything they have got, and giving everything against far better opposition is bloody tiring. So lighten up you can only give it your best shot, if your best shot ain’t good enough, then that’s a fact of life. These lads can only do their best, and they are doing just that.

tim78

First 2 games they worked hard and you could see them pushing the boat out against Canada. Maybe 3 games at this level has hit them hard, rather them push hard against the best team in the world and enjoy it than attempt a win against Denmark.

Tomorrow is another game against a better team lets hope they have a better 3rd period to get some good momentum for tomorrow.

Lets just hope they prep well for the France game.