Giantslive.tv webcast on Wednesday 20th

Thread starter #1
Giantslive.tv (by HiDavid.Tv) will make every effort to bring you coverage of the Challenge Cup game on Wednesday.

Video quality will depend on the local internet traffic and may not be sufficient to support video. If this is the case we will revert to an audio only webcast.

We were thinking of delivering the first period free but upon reflection on the last time we webcast from Dundonald, everything was fine until we restarted the stream and it went belly up.

This time you'll have to rely on the forums to get word as to quality of the stream.

Consequently this game will cost 3 Credits on our system (£3) but please make your purchase knowing that we are trying to deliver within a difficult working environment. i.e. if we have to revert to Audio only there will be no refunds on this reduced price.

Chris

Administrator
Unfortunately we have no texters for MNL, so at the moment it's a no go for us :(

You'll have to make do with Terry Phillips dodgy commentary which contains more comments than game details, or pay up for this, which may or may not work :?

Chris.

Just trundled over to Giantslive.tv to have a look for the match on Wednesday and I can't find it! Is it on there and I'm just having a blonde moment (they are rare for me, being brunette, but do happen!)?

Chris - if we pay up could we text u with updates while watching stream? Would that work?

Edit - by 'we' I mean I pay and TheStub text u!

Chris

Administrator
It could work, but I don't think it's fair on the GTV people to essentially hijack their stream and use it for our own coverage.

I was hoping we'd have some of the usual texters going, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I'll bump the topic and see if anyones had a change of heart though.

Chris.

Thread starter #6
Chris said:
Unfortunately we have no texters for MNL, so at the moment it's a no go for us :(

You'll have to make do with Terry Phillips dodgy commentary which contains more comments than game details, or pay up for this, which may or may not work :?

Chris.

There is no question of it working........it's the full motion video that might have an issue. Nothing ventured nothing gained but it's got to be better than watching a screen refresh!

and eh, for the price of a pint. (.........of course the moaners would still moan if it was only 50p :lol: )

Thread starter #7
clairey_faerie said:
Just trundled over to Giantslive.tv to have a look for the match on Wednesday and I can't find it! Is it on there and I'm just having a blonde moment (they are rare for me, being brunette, but do happen!)?

Chris - if we pay up could we text u with updates while watching stream? Would that work?

Actually it's probably not there yet............will be soon - and :?: , why not make these arrangments by PM instead of rubbing the Giant nose in it :shock:

Gazza272

HiDavidTv said:
clairey_faerie said:

Actually it's probably not there yet............will be soon - and :?: , why not make these arrangments by PM instead of rubbing the Giant nose in it :shock:

They didnt rub your nose in it, a poster suggested such a thing and the inferno said it wouldnt be fair to you.

Hey all

Doing a bit of work on the site to get it ready for Wednesday - just got to make a few logistical changes and we only made the decision to do the broadcast today - only fair to get the word out ASAP. There's a note on the top right of the site at the minute regarding the broadcast.

Dave @ giantslive

James

Administrator
Bah. The commentry from Belfast is the worst bit. I'd have gone for picture with no sound but listening to the clueless ramblings and mispronunciations from their one commentator will just lead me to violence :) Not to take away from the great job the giants tv guys do, but it's not for me unless they have different announcers. Get Poper on the trip over prehaps :)

Thread starter #13
James said:
Bah. The commentry from Belfast is the worst bit. I'd have gone for picture with no sound but listening to the clueless ramblings and mispronunciations from their one commentator will just lead me to violence :) Not to take away from the great job the giants tv guys do, but it's not for me unless they have different announcers. Get Poper on the trip over prehaps :)

Like I said, we'll aim for pictures aswell- at which point you're welcome to pan your speaker left (arena only) and I think you mean "....one of their commentators........"

by all means let me know if Brent is makiing the trip - that would be great.

drainage

Chris said:
It could work, but I don't think it's fair on the GTV people to essentially hijack their stream and use it for our own coverage.

I was hoping we'd have some of the usual texters going, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I'll bump the topic and see if anyones had a change of heart though.

Chris.
Am going to game and as long as you know am no commentator am more than happy to send my version of what I saw I will do ......I am a biased devil fan tho !!

Webcast purchasing for this game is ready! (Had to make a few changes on the backend of the site).

£3 for audio broadcast (and we will attempt to provide 'bonus' live video streaming as well) from the Dundonald Ice Bowl. There's a special £3 credit purchase button especially for this game.

Dave @ giantslive

http://www.giantslive.tv

James

Administrator
HiDavidTv said:
Like I said, we'll aim for pictures aswell- at which point you're welcome to pan your speaker left (arena only) and I think you mean "....one of their commentators........"
by all means let me know if Brent is makiing the trip - that would be great.
Fair points. Thanks