Giants vs Devils, Thurs 09th 7.15pm. Chat/Updates

Looking forward to watching this tonight. Hopefully Adam's can inspire them and they'll give them a good game like they did in the first game of the season.

It'll be interesting to see how the lines match up tonight.

From Belfast's point of view;

They're missing Thornton and Morisson, meaning they will have 8 forwards. However i remember seeing Johnson playing forward to make up the numbers (he does more than that) earlier in the season and they went with just 4 D men (including only 2 imports)

What do our resident giants fans think?

On our side of the coin;

G has said he will play D, but I wounder whether Belfasts choices will make a difference. What do people with more tactical knowledge than me think?

It would be nice to have three forward lines wearing their potentially light D down throughout the game, but at the same time belfast can score from anywhere so we could do with G on defence. (I would imagine it's also easier for him to coach from D as you can see the game more broadly.)

I guess the first option would be more ambitious (and could work if we forecheck well), but we could easily be exposed to Belfast speed without Andersson's mobility on D.

Looking forward to watchng the game and thanks again to the boys in Belfast for the service! :D

I remember during the Sky program for the Bison game they were talking to Aldridge about being a player/coach and the feeling was that it was almost impossible to coach from the ice. You have your own game to focus on, your players, the other teams players, what changes have to be made etc. I feel that as a player coach you set up the game plan throughout the week and before the game, maybe be able to add a little input in the breaks but during the game you have to concentrate on your game and from that point I would like to see G leading from the front, rushing the net and playing the high energy game we have seen of him in the past. Hopefully with Brad in the stand he will be able to be G's eyes during the game so we'll have a coach-like tactical input also.

With Thornton banned he's unable to be on the bench, is that correct? Do Belfast have a stand in for some bench coaching??

puck

I know most people will be watching Giants TV for this rather than be on here. I'm tied up at work still so I can't watch the webcast but I can keep inferno open. Can someone please post important things on here too. I'm missing a hockey fix!!

no campbell? i take it he's injured?
well it was always gonna be a really tough game but if we're 3 imports down then a win is highly unlikely....ofcourse i hope im totally wrong! :D