Giants Vs Devils - Play-Off Final - 1st May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketbob

I think that the looking at the phone is a nerves thing, or she has the worst memory on the planet. Caitlin was asking one of the players questions during the celebrations (Brodie Reid I think) and was quite a bit more natural sounding and came across much better. This shows that she has the skills I suspect that the confidence is a large part of the issue. Fingers crossed she can build on this for future interviews. I also agree with others and I am not a fan of in play interviews for live sport. End of period interviews are my preferred option.

Finny

There's basic things like

put a teleprompter On the camera so the reporter can look at the camera and read her lines rather than look down at her phone
When she was asking the questions on the bench the camera would have been the far side of the arena. Nobody could read a teleprompter that far away.

jenks33

John Donovan was considered for the Caitlin Berry role on premier sports this season but didn’t get it for whatever reason. He would be much better than Caitlin and Chris Ellis in my opinion

Caitlin is very knowledgeable on the junior hockey scene so I’m told.
She’s a young journalist and very much learning her trade, something we all have to do when we first embark on our chosen careers!
Is she the finished article? Of course not, I think back to when I left school and first started work, Jeez !!

Gough60

Why no highlights yet?
Premier Sport have already shown the game on Freesports (Their sister channel) so surely they could now be put on Youtube or on Devils/Giants/EIHL website?

jenks33

Caitlin is very knowledgeable on the junior hockey scene so I’m told.
She’s a young journalist and very much learning her trade, something we all have to do when we first embark on our chosen careers!
Is she the finished article? Of course not, I think back to when I left school and first started work, Jeez !!
I haven’t got anything against her to be honest. She’s inexperienced and still learning her trade. I’m aware she’s very knowledgeable about Ice Hockey so at least they’ve hired somebody that’s interested in the game. Personally though when you’ve got somebody like John Donovan who’s keen and available for the role he’s the one I would have gone for.

rocketbob

John Donovan was considered for the Caitlin Berry role on premier sports this season but didn’t get it for whatever reason. He would be much better than Caitlin and Chris Ellis in my opinion
That is probably because they would be worried that he could do Aaron Murphy's job better than him (and apart from certain biases I think Murphy is alright).

Samael

So we win the playoffs for the third year straight, secure a spot in the continental Cup therefore denying Shuff anything this year and blocking the Giants from completing a grand slam, and what are the inferno regulars talking about in the playoff thread? Some poor young inexperienced journalist called Caitlin. Jesus christ, give it a rest will you. There are better things to discuss surely.

I haven’t got anything against her to be honest. She’s inexperienced and still learning her trade. I’m aware she’s very knowledgeable about Ice Hockey so at least they’ve hired somebody that’s interested in the game. Personally though when you’ve got somebody like John Donovan who’s keen and available for the role he’s the one I would have gone for.
My comments weren’t aimed at you Jenks, from reading your posts you are clearly a knowledgeable well balanced individual.
No inference intended!

Devil94

I'm surprised there's been no mention by the club regarding Continental Cup Qualification. I think we would all prefer to be in the CHL of course, but the Conti Cup is also an exciting prospect, playing some clubs we're not familiar with, and not forgetting that we actually have a chance of doing quite well in it.

I hope there's no thoughts about possibly not taking part? Can imagine it's more expensive to take part than the CHL, we won't have the home games gate money.

Last edited:

James

Administrator
Thread starter #199
I'm surprised there's been no mention by the club regarding Continental Cup Qualification.
There have been 2 CHL places available to the Elite in the past. I wonder if there is a chance of a spot, and we are holding off announcing in case we get that instead ?

Status
Not open for further replies.