Giants Vs Devils - Play-Off Final - 1st May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesy83

Not read the thread but f*ck me, what a game as me and what a win

In Eleven's bar in Cardiff city centre with lots of other Devils fans who I’ve never meet before and we’ve all absolutely loved it, the atmosphere is great.

I love this sport. It is amazing. My missus who’s only ever come this year for the first time was on the edge of her seat and getting involved.

What a sport….What a team…..What a club

jenks33

Most of the neutrals I saw on tv appeared to be rooting for the Giants, Particularly the Sheffield fans. Although Devils fans who were actually at the arena might set me straight on that. It surprised me a bit as I thought most neutrals would want us to stop Belfast from achieving the grand slam.

Devil94

Many teams that had a change of coach and plenty of injuries would have had their season fizzle out to nothing. Not this group though, they were too proud and too much quality for that to happen. Nobody really gave us a chance, just like the semi final in Glasgow and the CC semi in Sheffield. But when the pressure was on we came out on top. Have to credit everybody involved.
Get in, that felt good.

Hedd Wyn John

Most of the neutrals I saw on tv appeared to be rooting for the Giants, Particularly the Sheffield fans. Although Devils fans who were actually at the arena might set me straight on that. It surprised me a bit as I thought most neutrals would want us to stop Belfast from achieving the grand slam.
You'd think most teams would want the grand slam train to be derailed but I know Steelers fans see their rivalry with the Devils as bigger than Giants.

august04 2.0

I thought we played a strong, physical game and deserved to win that final. Carruth was excellent again, as were the whole team really. Who knows how many will be back and who will be coaching, but DuPont seems to be very popular with the players and I’m pleased for him after a tough year. Obviously Mac is going and it would appear that Mikkelson has played his last pro game given his comment to the ref after he got thrown out. A difficult year but we've ended up with a trophy and we should all be proud of that.

Last edited:

Earnie

Just got home from Nottingham. Was a great feeling to have won the Playoffs. Giants were really pissed off. Carruth was beyond brilliant and we owe him. I am so proud of the team - every one of them .
As for Premier sports quality of coverage I presume what we at the Arena Screen was what was being transmitted. It was unwatchable .My seat had blind spots and often I glanced up to look at the big screen. The camera was in the rafters.There are so many other options in Nottingham for better camera angles.
I shall watch it all again tomorrow when I am more calm And it might be better on TV.

kingmo19.1

Just got back - happy days! Well done Devils and everyone concerned. Massive performance by Carruth today and was my MOM.

Enjoyed the weekend but must admit it did feel rather subdued due to the half empty arena and that was such a shame.

Devil94

Exactly what I was thinking. I appreciate Dixon and Mikkelson wear the ‘A’ but those two and Louis were the first three players to celebrate with the trophy after Richardson. I wonder if all three might be calling it a day
Having watched the last 30 seconds again, Mikkelson definitely says on his way off "it's my last f****** game". And then Franny says the exact same when talking to the ref a few seconds later. So that's confirmed. A great way for him to go out, I'm delighted for him after he put his body on the line for us in his last year.

august04 2.0

Just got back - happy days! Well done Devils and everyone concerned. Massive performance by Carruth today and was my MOM.

Enjoyed the weekend but must admit it did feel rather subdued due to the half empty arena and that was such a shame.
It was difficult to see on the TV, but was the arena really only half full?

kingmo19.1

It was difficult to see on the TV, but was the arena really only half full?
Yep unfortunately. There were 2 blocks just completely canvasssed over at 1 end and the blocks next to the must have had no more than 50 people in each. Swathes of empty seats elsewhere - especially around the top 4-5 rows of each block that were virtually empty throughout.

One benefit was it was super easy to get around the concourse in the intervals with no much queuing for food or drinks.

Also outside the arena which normally has a good buzz was flat as a pancake. Don’t think that fudge store sold a single item all weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.