Giants Vs Devils - Play-Off Final - 1st May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pembo

The irony here is how many of the most toxic Cardiff Devils accounts on Twitter are rounding on the inferno as a toxic cess pool, I guess they’d be well placed to recognise that!

I feel in general regardless of where debate happens on the internet, discourse can easily degenerate into some people competing to see just how piping hot they can make their hottest take on everything. I think some people criticise people in ways they wouldn’t dream of doing to a persons face, because of the relative anonymity of the net, it’s a frustrating side of human nature.

Despite the forum’s reputation I do feel in general there are a good few posters who call people out on some of the more outlandish statements/personal attacks. We’re passionate, we love our team and sometimes things get a bit heated. There are lots of negative comments if people are fishing for them, but also a lot of positive, constructive ones too. I feel a bit uncomfortable with some of the comments directed at Caitlin from Premier sports in the past year as I think they’ve crossed the line & it’s a bit weird. Premier sports isn’t perfect but they’re committed to hockey in this country and do a decent job with a far smaller team than the bigger broadcasters use for sports coverage.

We finished the season in the best possible way and it would be a shame if this thread turned into anything other than a celebration of what was a great weekend of sport.

Mooney#16

It’s just a sad state of affairs that Caitlin who had done nothing other than try her best and hasn’t attacked or offended any individual is left dealing with the opinions of people with such flawed human traits of fragile ego’s and over inflated senses of self importance. If those people had a shred of decency or empathy they would seek her out to apologise.

Because guess what some people have an opinion about you but don’t always voice it. Like Glynne being a parody of a normal human being. A laughing stock if you will with a sycophantic hard on for Canadian hockey players. You are a cantankerous entitled irrelevance so when that voice in your head convinces you it’s a good time to have an opinion, it’s lying to you and it’s about to make you look a fool.

We can all be a bully if we want to be. It’s not that hard or clever. Just most understand want common decency is. Be a better person and apologise to that girl!

Chris

Administrator
The irony here is how many of the most toxic Cardiff Devils accounts on Twitter are rounding on the inferno as a toxic cess pool, I guess they’d be well placed to recognise that!

I feel in general regardless of where debate happens on the internet, discourse can easily degenerate into some people competing to see just how piping hot they can make their hottest take on everything. I think some people criticise people in ways they wouldn’t dream of doing to a persons face, because of the relative anonymity of the net, it’s a frustrating side of human nature.

Despite the forum’s reputation I do feel in general there are a good few posters who call people out on some of the more outlandish statements/personal attacks. We’re passionate, we love our team and sometimes things get a bit heated. There are lots of negative comments if people are fishing for them, but also a lot of positive, constructive ones too. I feel a bit uncomfortable with some of the comments directed at Caitlin from Premier sports in the past year as I think they’ve crossed the line & it’s a bit weird. Premier sports isn’t perfect but they’re committed to hockey in this country and do a decent job with a far smaller team than the bigger broadcasters use for sports coverage.

We finished the season in the best possible way and it would be a shame if this thread turned into anything other than a celebration of what was a great weekend of sport.
It's a whole lot easier to just call the forum out for being terrible than it is to actually tag in the people making the remarks though.

It's always been that case and it probably won't change. Funny this is that half the people saying they never check the forum are almost always logged in fairly recently. But again, it's easier to just blame the whole site/forum than one particularly person.

And a bit like some of the moronic posts on here about individuals, the same people blaming the forum wouldn't say the same thing to someones face. But there we go.

Maybe time to lock the post now as it seems to have completely gone off track. Shame for a playoff title winning thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.