Giants Vs Devils - League - 14th Jan 22

Mazzoak

That’s utter bo........none sense. The net minder is moving the blocker into the path of the player who has his back to the net minder. The nettie has impeded himself by his own actions, he’s free to move his arm across to the right. If the player was positioned behind the netties arm which stopped the nettie arm moving, that’s a block.

august04 2.0

Having reviewed the overhead shot, it’s still a bullshit call. Coughler is moving away from the paint and if there is the slightest contact, it’s initiated by Besko, who is moving outwards and towards Coughler. Those weak officials were looking for any excuse to rule that goal out. That was a good goal.

Hedd Wyn John

1) the camera is too low a resolution
2) the frames per second is very low
3) the camera is situated high up and on an angle as its focused on the goal. This creates a perspective issue.

There is no optical zoom feature as we can see when the footage is blown up the pixels blur.

Combined with the distance of the camera what you get is 'image compression' if you take a photo of any scene from a distance without optical zoo the picture compresses things together, combine it with the slight angle and you could have two players standing millimeters apart but due to all those issues the footage would look like they are touching. There is simply no way you can make a 100% conclusion from this footage.

Having watched the overhead I’m not convinced the video is sufficient evidence to show contact and the on ice decision should have stood. If anything, it should have been ruled as incidental - Besko moves towards Coughler - who has his back to the goal and is outside the crease.

What’s done is done but if this is the standard and precedent we set then I imagine there will be plenty of disallowed goals across the board whenever there is an attacking player screening the net.

jenks33

I love how the elite league twitter account have posted the overhead video as if to say “here you go guys, see, it’s bloody obvious”. To me it just clarifies that it’s a soft call.

Earnie

Solution:
Reverse the decision.
next time we meet play a period of 3 on 3 overtime first and settle it fairly.
Even ‘I didn’t see it Keefe’ knows it was totally wrong decision.

Then start the game in hand.

Hedd Wyn John

I love how the elite league twitter account have posted the overhead video as if to say “here you go guys, see, it’s bloody obvious”. To me it just clarifies that it’s a soft call.
Looks like it was filmed on one of these. Unless the footage is 100% conclusive (which it clearly wasn't) the on ice decision should have stood.

Attachments

august04 2.0

Next game, I hope we give Besko something to really moan about. I think they’re a better team than us in all honesty, but I’d like to see us up the physicality next week and see how they handle that. Starting with Boucher. When he crosses our blue line, someone needs to smash him into next week (if they can catch him!).

RedDevil17

Next game, I hope we give Besko something to really moan about. I think they’re a better team than us in all honesty, but I’d like to see us up the physicality next week and see how they handle that. Starting with Boucher. When he crosses our blue line, someone needs to smash him into next week (if they can catch him!).
Run Besko opening shift then go after Boucher….

Last edited: