Giants Vs Devils - League - 14th Jan 22

Such a great game between two brilliant teams which had everything - physicality, skill and passion. Just such a shame that poor officiating has allowed the game to be tainted by a poor decision. The referees were blatantly looking for a reason to disallow the goal and it has left a sour taste. I can’t wait to see the so called incriminating overhead view.

Wannabe2

We were second best tonight and couldn’t complain about anything until that farcical no goal decision, when you get outplayed in a game and lose then that’s life, but when you lose because of cheating, and this goal not standing was cheating. The only consolation tonight was that the better team won, but Skalde summed it up perfect when he said tonight game wasn’t decided by the players. Shit way to lose a game but we were the second best team tonight.

jenks33

From listening to the mic’d up review. You could hear they were really pushing to find a reason to disallow.

It went from “slow it down where’s the contact” to “he’s in the paint” and then to “he’s touched the blocker”
You watch the NHL and the refs are generally so strong. They aren’t influenced by players/coaches or crowd noise. I’m pretty sure the ref said to Skalde the goalie thought he was touched so they checked it! Farcical

Out of interest....... Is anyone part of the Belfast fans forum if they have one?!? Just wondering what some of their fans or those on the cage etc are saying about that GOAL if they watched it on TV!

august04 2.0

We were second best tonight and couldn’t complain about anything until that farcical no goal decision, when you get outplayed in a game and lose then that’s life, but when you lose because of cheating, and this goal not standing was cheating. The only consolation tonight was that the better team won, but Skalde summed it up perfect when he said tonight game wasn’t decided by the players. Shit way to lose a game but we were the second best team tonight.
You’d expect to be second best, we were the away team against a top rival. But there wasn’t much in it and I thought we played a good road game. We've been cheated out of at least a point by weak officials.

Slartibartfast

I thought both teams played well defensively but Giants were a lot better offensively. However its a common road game tactic to play defensive and try to score on the break. It almost worked except for that stupid decision. I reckon the ref just wanted to go home.

moggy#9

Didn't help the laptop tech was heard telling the officials what to call, the fact the tech was allowed any sort of influence shows the league has zero credibility.
If that's the case the club ought to lodge a complaint about the officials. We've seen dogey behaviour by local officials in the past. Sheffield used to regularly try to sneak a few seconds at a time off powerplays against them.

Brilliant game, terrible decision, you know what that game did, its put fear into Belfast. In sport these issues tend to bite the winning in the ass, karma loves a game and karma is going to turn up. We’ve put fire in our bellies, Belfast put urine into their pants.
Let's hope you are right on this. Would love to see us vs Belfast as the last league game with only a point in it and EXACTLY the same happen but to them. That would be KARMA working it's finest game.

jenks33

Belfast are now 3 points behind us with 5 games in hand. I think they’ll sleep ok tonight…

I think it will be third place for us in the league but let’s hope we get the better of them in the play offs.