Giants Vs Devils - 22 & 23 Feb 19 - League

Earnie

Everyone had a great game -- incl Josh.
We were unlucky not to get the two points. In fact we deserved the two points.
The difference was their goal tender . He was amazing tonight.

OJLloyd

There was quite a lot of anger in the arena about the way that winning goal was awarded.

If we’re going to grow the league we can’t have nonsense like that happening, with a bloke passing his laptop in to the penalty box so the refs can have a look.

Hedd Wyn John

Excellent game of hockey, really came into its own in P3. It could have gone either way My only complaint was the length of time it took to make the decision to award the winning goal. That was embarrassingly long. Moving on from this the Giants have got a lot of momentum so it’ll be a tough battle to win the league from here.

Samael

Well we came away from this weekend with a point which is one more than l was expecting based on recent form. Wonder what Hotham is thinking if he's following all this.

august04

Giants have 11 games left, with only 4 away from home - doesn’t look too bad a run in for them. 6 home, 6 away for us with 3 against the Clan. The next week is crucial with Giants away at Fife and Sheffield. If they get 4 points out of those two games, they’ve got a decent run of home fixtures left and it will be tough for us. My gut feeling is that we have the hardest fixtures left, can’t afford many slip ups now.

Last edited:

Jonesy83

Didn’t see the game tonight as I was at the Wales v England rugby game so can’t pass comment on the performance, but can you imagiane if we win the league by 1 point!!