Giants Vs Devils - 22 & 23 Feb 19 - League

jimmy snels

dodgy brain id say. cut throat gestures? im sure those lads are terrified of a fat middle aged man threatening them. guy looks like he's struggling to hit a huge, static flat object, doubt he could do any damage to one thats moving.

Good luck with him tonight guys who are over there, no doubt he'll do both games

Last edited:

Rich Best

Just watched highlights as I couldn't watch live. Saw Josh's error for 3rd goal, I'm certain he will be devastated as he is a Devil thru and thru. I don't think he was even on the ice for the other 3 goals. Good news is everybody has a chance to redeem themselves tonight.
You must be a bit p'd off with some of the abuse Josh is getting, which as usual is an overreaction. He has played pretty solid all year in my opinion. No player has played perfectly, but as a team we find ourselves top of the league which is good enough for me!

Also just watched the highlights and after reading 3 pages of criticism was surprised to see how in contention the Devils were for most of the game. I think the 3 pages are a bit harsh. I know I only saw the highlights, but other than the two critical mistakes I thought on chances shown we could have run out winners. I fully accept I did not see the whole game. Come on you Devils play as you can and you will win tonight.

You must be a bit p'd off with some of the abuse Josh is getting, which as usual is an overreaction. He has played pretty solid all year in my opinion. No player has played perfectly, but as a team we find ourselves top of the league which is good enough for me!
I guess we all see the game differently. I think Batch started the season well but has tailed off massively lately and ‘solid’ is not a word I’d associate with him for a few months now. I’m by no means blaming him alone for last night, a number of players made errors - Fournier for example, but he has more credit in the bank because he regularly makes a huge positive difference to our team and results.

I hope the team puts it right tonight and that afterwards we’re talking about Batch having a stormer.

Last edited:

Rich Best

I guess we all see the game differently. I think Batch started the season well but has tailed off massively lately and ‘solid’ is not a word I’d associate with him for a few months now. I’m by no means blaming him alone for last night, a number of players made errors - Fournier for example, but he has more credit in the bank because he regularly makes a huge positive difference to our team and results.

I hope the team puts it right tonight and that afterwards we’re talking about Batch having a stormer.
I guess the difference is some people see the big picture in things, and others like to really hone in on small, generally negative, details. I stand by my opinion that Batchy has been a solid piece of our league leading team this year. We're still top of the league remember, lets be happy!

I personally really like the Louis and Batch pairing, they are a real handful. I am looking forward to Batchy having a stormer tonight, because people with true character like Batchy will be wanting to make up for his unfortunate error.

I guess the difference is some people see the big picture in things, and others like to really hone in on small, generally negative, details. I stand by my opinion that Batchy has been a solid piece of our league leading team this year. We're still top of the league remember, lets be happy!

I personally really like the Louis and Batch pairing, they are a real handful. I am looking forward to Batchy having a stormer tonight, because people with true character like Batchy will be wanting to make up for his unfortunate error.
Questioning form over a period of time isn’t honing in on a small negative detail. The big picture is good, as a team we’re top and generally playing well, but that doesn’t mean you gloss over the negatives entirely, does it?

People see the game in different ways and rate different players’ attributes/form in different ways, and a fair and balanced discussion on that is part of being a fan.

Anyway, I completely agree with the final part of your post and genuinely hope Batch shows everyone how good he can be tonight and that we bring home the points.

Ocko

I actually think Batch is having his best ever season for us. 99% of the time he is dependable in his own end. So much so he’s usually Lord’s first pairing on the PK.

Don’t let one mistake, which the lad is probably beating himself up over, define his season. Less than a month ago the same posters who are slating him were up in arms he wasn’t selected for GB. I get people say he isn’t aggressive enough, but maybe it’s just not in his nature? You can put on all the muscle you want but it doesn’t make you aggressive. The game has also moved on where it’s very difficult for D men to step up and make hits.

OJLloyd

Mistakes happen. The only way to deal with them is to get back on the horse and not make the same one again.
Looking back at it we had some very good chances to get ahead which we didn’t take, but obviously they won’t get the same attention as mistakes at the back. Lessons learned, on to tonight.

RTfarty

Don’t let one mistake, which the lad is probably beating himself up over, define his season. Less than a month ago the same posters who are slating him were up in arms he wasn’t selected for GB.
Spot on. Nobody will be as annoyed about that play as much as Batch. He will thrive at the opportunity to make amends tonight I’m sure.

tim78

Awesome game to watch, did curse abit at a few d mistakes by all, but made it more thrilling to watch.

Its hard to see a simply mistakes made and then capitalised on but tonight is another night and i really hope Batch gets an opportunity to burst forward and at least take a decent shot on their goal to clear any blues.

Pope#42

I watched last night’s game on the webcast and was gutted by the result. I personally thought both teams had opportunities but the Giants took better advantage of theirs.

I agree with what others have said so I won’t repeat but just wanted to take a couple of positives from the game - I thought Myers had a cracking game and gave us a couple of great opportunities on goal. He’s one of our best penalty killers but for some games recently he hasn’t been fully utilised in that position (as far as I’m aware) so it was great to see him on the penalty kill last night.

Finally - I thought Bowns had a good game last night, making some lovely saves and keeping us in it and would have been my man of the match.

Rich Best

I actually think Batch is having his best ever season for us. 99% of the time he is dependable in his own end. So much so he’s usually Lord’s first pairing on the PK.

Don’t let one mistake, which the lad is probably beating himself up over, define his season. Less than a month ago the same posters who are slating him were up in arms he wasn’t selected for GB. I get people say he isn’t aggressive enough, but maybe it’s just not in his nature? You can put on all the muscle you want but it doesn’t make you aggressive. The game has also moved on where it’s very difficult for D men to step up and make hits.
Excellent post, fully agree.