Giants Vs Devils - 22 & 23 Feb 19 - League

Wannabe2

Well in fairness we got what we deserved tonight, and that was nothing. Every time we got a power play, we gave away a penalty, our passing was sloppy, and we were all over the place, our Defense well the least said the better. That was very poor tonight, Giants certainly weren’t great, but they didn’t have to be against a team that was on a suicidal mission, tomorrow is a new day let’s hope it ain’t as poor as tonight.

Justtw

Giants were all over us tonight. I loved Louis, Dixon and Heddens physicality but what a terribly poor performance.

I’m not even going to get into Batch’s mess up otherwise I’ll say something that will get me banned.

We play like that tomorrow and we’ll wave another 2 points goodbye.

Justtw

Also Linglet played with so much PASSION tonight.. a real shame that not many others did.

I feel for Bowns because he played so well when we didn’t give Giants 2 free goals.

Justtw

This isn’t off the back of just tonight’s error, mistakes happen to the best of them (and he was by no means alone tonight), but for Batch that was a culmination of poor form for a fair while now. What happened to the Batch who started the season, he looked more aggressive and sharp?
Careful!! If you say anything bad about Batch you’ll get banned!! It’s against the forum rules.

I mean, it’s not like he’s done this thing about 10 times this season right??

Oh wait..

jenks33

Feel for Batchy but that’s been coming for weeks. To be honest he’s looked like making a mistake everytime he’s been on the ice lately. I would rest him tomorrow but we can’t play Benti and mosey so batchy will have to play. How much ice time he’ll get tho is a different story

Slartibartfast

Absolutely gutted. That was a great game until the two costly errors. The ice seemed to be choppy around the goal. Fourniers cock up was caused by the puck bobbling. I think Batch just fanned on it. But there are no excuses. We just seemed too relaxed in our D and spend too much time looking for that perfect pass. You can't afford to be so casual with a team that forechecks like Belfast. I said before the match that I was worried about the recent tendency to be a bit sloppy in our D could cost us the match.
Don't be too hard on Batchy though. He will know what that error means. He is human and all players make mistakes. He has been no worse than any other D man for errors through the season. Bowns has rescued D errors so many times and he almost rescued this error but unfortunately they got the rebound.
Tomorrow is another day and if we tidy things up at the back we have the offence to win those two points back.

Justtw

It’s not just Batchy, let’s be honest we’ve been sloppy and defensively suspect for weeks.....
It makes for an exciting run-in anyway.
Yes we have been, but he’s made so many so many mistakes this season and I think it’s becoming very noticeable.