Giants Vs Devils - 22 & 23 Feb 19 - League

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
devils giants.png

Its a big weekend for hockey as first place Devils visit second place Giants for back to back league games. This weekend wont necessarily decide the league but 2 wins by the Devils will be a big blow to Giants title hopes wheres Giants taking the points will put the Devils down into second place (albeit with a game in hand) . It's all to play for and several hundred Devils fans will be making their way across the sea, including our ownership group who have a slightly larger sea to cross. Saturdays game will be shown at the Viola for those not going.

jenks33

I’m a bit worried about this weekend. There’s clearly no doubting that we’ve got the talent to get two positive results I’m just not sure we’re in a great place mentally at the moment. We’ve been far too easy to score against in recent weeks and we’ve also got a few issues at the other end of the ice (Haddad not 100%, Pope lacking confidence, Benti suspended, Mosey injured) I know Belfast took a hammering at Glasgow but Clan are in great form and Belfast are a different animal at home. Having said that I don’t think Beskorowany is as confident as he was earlier this season so hopefully we can put him under plenty of pressure. Also the huge Away following will give our boys an extra spring in their step

Diablo3

Benti is suspended for Friday but back Saturday. As for the team, I doubt Mr Lord will have to say much to get the guys fired up.. I'm going to enjoy both games knowing our guys will have given everything regardless of the results.

Wannabe2

What will be, will be, if we play as we can we can do this, if we don’t then we only have ourselves to blame, the team that wins the league will be the team that shows the most consistency, that’s obvious, now if that’s us then that’s awesome, if it’s Belfast then c’est la vie. So come on lads the hungrier team will win this, that needs to be you guys. Myself I have confidence in our team, it won’t be easy for us, but it won’t be easy for them either. Time to make history lads, that’s motivation enough surely. It’s in our hands let’s hope those hands are as safe as houses.

Looking forward to these games. Will be a great test. Obviously I’m hoping for the Giants to take all the points but i see that being very unlikely. My prediction is Giants take 2 points, while the Devils will take 3

kingmo19.1

2 convincing wins and 2 shut outs for us!

A walk in the park. Keefer to leave the bench and Batchie to pummel him (again!).

Bait set for Peter333 !!!!!

E.D.S.

If we play as we have been these last few weeks then it could be a cricket score and a long weekend but then this team prove time and time again how they can dig in and shut up pessimists like me.
I’d love to split the weekend but I think an OT loss will be the best we can do.

d20

hopefully we get a 4 point weekend if not ill take 2 points now ,if we get none well we still have a game in hand ,but get 2 points this weekend and its as good as done.

Diafol

Has anyone tried the webcast with a low internet speed ?
I'm on holiday at the moment and the wifi in my apartment isn't great.

I know, first world problems etc etc...

Devils86

hopefully we get a 4 point weekend if not ill take 2 points now ,if we get none well we still have a game in hand ,but get 2 points this weekend and its as good as done.
A 4-point weekend for us in regulation would put us very close. 2 points is nowehere near enough to be hanging the red bunting.

Still some difficult games to come. No guarantee we’ll win our game in hand. Just got to go one game at a time.

Wannabe2

Such a close game, back and forth for 2 periods, come on lads let’s have a great 3rd period. One noticeable thing though on the webcast, can’t hear the Devils fans at all, it’s a full house in fairness but 700 should really be heard I would have thought. Anyway come on you Devils.

Jonesy83

I honestly don’t know what to say.
The biggest game of the season and we gift Belfast two goals, it’s unbelievable really. There’s mistakes and then there’s crucial mistakes and that’s what the Devils have made in this game.