Giants Vs Devils - 1 + 2 Feb 20 - League

august04

That’s a gutsy win and a decent return from a double header in Belfast between two well matched teams. I fear we may lose Marjamaki for a couple of games though.

jenks33

Bowns had a very good weekend. We showed great character (Much like our performance in the third period in nottingham last Wednesday) but we are going to need so much more from certain players in the run in.

Wannabe2

Well played lads, that was anything but easy, Giants threw everything plus the kitchen sink at us, but we sucked it up and spat it out. Awesome result well done lads.

august04

Steelers only scored 1 last night and are 2-1 down tonight. Who do you support?
As RedDevil17 says, it’s his opinion and he’s entitled to one as much as you. He’s right that the Steelers have been scoring for fun, just look at the goals for column in the league standings if you don’t believe him and just because he thinks they deserve to win the league, you question who he supports?! What’s that got to do with anything? For the record, I also think they‘ve been the best team this year and I’ve supported the Devils since day one. I want the Devils to win the league as much as anyone but I think we’ll fall short - doesn’t make me any less of a supporter. Maybe I and others just see things a little more objectively, rather than through blind optimism.

ASHIPP

Great, hard fought result in a disrupted game. Well done Devils.... Joey Haddad and the pp grabbing the game early. The best team performances are often in tight, low scoring games.

Repeated plexi glass breakages could easily have derailed the Devils' concentration but they put up a gritty performance.

Marjamaki's check will go to automatic review.....what will be his likely punishment?

august04

Great, hard fought result in a disrupted game. Well done Devils.... Joey Haddad and the pp grabbing the game early. The best team performances are often in tight, low scoring games.

Repeated plexi glass breakages could easily have derailed the Devils' concentration but they put up a gritty performance.

Marjamaki's check will go to automatic review.....what will be his likely punishment?
It looked a clear check to the head. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t sit for a couple.

Slartibartfast

I think the 2 results were a good reflection on both the teams and how they played. 2 teams who play better defensively than offensively with some solid netminding.
Belfast are are chasing us for second position so one each, away from home will do especially with Steelers dropping 2 points last night. They are 3-1 down as the moment Lets hope Flames finish them off. Its going to be a great close battle for the title this year.
It will come down to which team wants it most. Dixon certainly showed he wants it when he threw his head at the puck.

Rich Best

As RedDevil17 says, it’s his opinion and he’s entitled to one as much as you. He’s right that the Steelers have been scoring for fun, just look at the goals for column in the league standings if you don’t believe him and just because he thinks they deserve to win the league, you question who he supports?! What’s that got to do with anything? For the record, I also think they‘ve been the best team this year and I’ve supported the Devils since day one. I want the Devils to win the league as much as anyone but I think we’ll fall short - doesn’t make me any less of a supporter. Maybe I and others just see things a little more objectively, rather than through blind optimism.
I'm a Liverpool supporter, I would never, ever think Man Utd are gonna win the league... Same with Steelers. But yes you are entitled to your opinion.

jenks33

I'm a Liverpool supporter, I would never, ever think Man Utd are gonna win the league... Same with Steelers. But yes you are entitled to your opinion.
Think and want are very different things. You don’t think united fans think Liverpool are going to win the league this season?...

Wannabe2

Yes but Liverpool are running away with it, United are crap. Steelers have as much chance probably more than most to win the league, we are certainly still in it, absolutely but I would prefer the points to games in hand. It will all come out in the wash.

Rich Best

Think and want are very different things. You don’t think united fans think Liverpool are going to win the league this season?...
If Steelers were 22 points ahead now it would be reasonable as a devils supporter to think they are gonna win the league. But if Steelers lose tonight we are in great shape!

august04

I’m a Man Utd supporter. Liverpool will win the league this year by a country mile. Do I like it? No. But it’s reality. You really make no sense whatsoever.