Giants v Steelers

Devil94

Thread starter #1
Will be the first game I can remember where I'll be following closely hoping for a Steelers win. That would really help us out. If they do win, we will only need one win this weekend to secure top spot.

Giants are on top form right now, but I'm hoping that the incentive for Steelers to finish higher than Belfast, therefore avoiding Panthers in the play offs, will be strong enough for them to come away with the win.

d20

I have a feeling steelers wont get us nothing on friday,u could bet your house on it ,just dont see them getting anything there.

Kal

They want a big payday against the Panthers. They don't want us to win the league. They'll roll over for the Giants and a completely different team will turn up to play us Saturday.

Wannabe2

I don't think they will roll over at all, Thommo would rather finish second than third, he will also want his team to be on a winning streak going into the play offs. Giants are obviously a very good team, and are very difficult to beat at home, but Steelers are one team that are capable of doing just that. On that note we have to concentrate on what we do, and not rely on others and our Coach will obviously know that. It's a pure conundrum at the moment, and although it's highly unlikely Steelers could also mathematicaly win the league, I think.

Have Hope#35

They want a big payday against the Panthers. They don't want us to win the league. They'll roll over for the Giants and a completely different team will turn up to play us Saturday.
Thommo and the Team won't care less about the money, they're Professionals... They will want the easiest draw possible for the Playoffs and you'd argue that's probably Fife if Nottingham turn up and play like they can! I can see Friday's game being very competitive, whoever ends up winning it.

Ocko

I'd agree with the above. Steelers will have fans travelling over to watch the game, there's no way they'll play for anything other than a win.

Leighton

I certainly hope Steelers give it everything they've got. Sportsmen aren't in the habit of rolling over (i hope) and it'll be my first webcast as a "neutral"

ASHIPP

All about momentum and upsetting two title chasers this weekend for Steelers. Thompson expects his team to demonstrate that they are better than the opposition.

Could be a cracker, this game. At the very least let's hope it's really brutal!

Gaz G

Who gives a shit about all the hypotheticals above? The Devils have earned the right to win the league because they've played consistently well all year. Why the need to discuss everybody else is beyond me. I can hardly see Lordo telling the boys this week that with a bit of luck the Giants will lose so we only have to win the one game.
Screw that. Keep the positive mentality, attitude and spirit that has got us in this position to start with. It's worked all season. Go on an 8 game winning streak again and we clean up every trophy on offer.

kingmo19.1

Thommo will no doubt be aware the Steelers dispensed with G season before last for actually winning the league! Second might save his bacon, third could see him picking up his P45!

Rob Batch

Thinking outside the 'regular' box is dificult for some ,I appreciate that. Sometimes the bigger picture isn't so obvious to all. At the start of the season I imagine the plan was to win every game.? Has anything changed ?? Is it a good idea to try and win every game. Ha Ha Ha. Sometimes strategy is needed. bad spelling!

Mooney#16

Steelers playing Giants is a godsend for Devils. They'll know exactly where they stand going into Sheffield on Saturday. If Steelers win. Brilliant. Devils need one win to seal it from four games. If Giants win. It's pretty good as well as that is Steelers league campaign confirmed over. Now Steelers played a very physical game last weekend but all of a sudden they won't want injuries going into the playoffs and if Devils play a good enough game of poker specifically that Bordy is allowed to throw a lot of hits in P1 Steelers will back off and protect themselves giving Devils momentum for P2 and P3.

The worst scenario is a three point game in Belfast. It keeps both Steelers and Giants challenges alive.

However as pointed out by other posters Devils are more than capable of doing the business themselves so an A game weekend and it's all she wrote.